U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM

3,696 posts, read 6,072,491 times
Could be the 2nd fastest growing city with two Qs in the name.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM

699 posts, read 1,882,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Curious as to where do these people get their info that albuquerque is the 2nd fastest growing metro in the USA? Anybody can make that claim for any city or state in the USA so where's the ''Official'' documentation?

Well here's mine.
US Census Bureau US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/012242.html - broken link) July/10/2008 Release

Cnn Money.com U.S.: New Orleans is nation's fastest growing big city - Jul. 10, 2008 july/10/2008

Neither of these lists by CNN or the US Census Bureau does not show albuquerque in their top 10 list in population numbers or percentage gains.
Amen 6/3!

While ABQ does rank high on some lists, fastest growing is not one of them. I just love the fact that since none of us work for the city's Planning Department, we are incapable and ignorant of all things ABQ. Hey if the planning Department knew what they were doing, we would have adequate roads through the city and across the river, village centers in every neighborhood to get people out of their cars, and certainly a Loop Freeway around the city and connecting to our neighboring cities. What's worse is if the city truly is going to hit 1.3 million by 2030, then the planning office better get with the program and figure out how to get our city's infrastructure up to par. If you think we're behind now, rapid growth will only make things worse. Not all PLANS become reality. If you are going to say we don't know what we are talking about then please lists the facts that show otherwise, as I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong or misinformed.

Last edited by finmqa1; 09-02-2008 at 12:21 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM

Any openings at the planning depeartment?

Sounds like an interesting place to be... as long as I can give Architects/Engineers a hard time.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,246,458 times
Quote:
Curious as to where do these people get their info that albuquerque is the 2nd fastest growing metro in the USA? Anybody can make that claim for any city or state in the USA so where's the ''Official'' documentation?

Marty stats. They are "made up" to fit whatever agenda they are shoving down the taxpayers throats.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM

706 posts, read 1,718,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
Amen 6/3!

While ABQ does rank high on some lists, fastest growing is not one of them. I just love the fact that since none of us work for the city's Planning Department, we are incapable and ignorant of all things ABQ. Hey if the planning Department knew what they were doing, we would have adequate roads through the city and across the river, village centers in every neighborhood to get people out of their cars, and certainly a Loop Freeway around the city and connecting to our neighboring cities. What's worse is if the city truly is going to hit 1.3 million by 2030, then the planning office better get with the program and figure out how to get our city's infrastructure up to par. If you think we're behind now, rapid growth will only make things worse. Not all PLANS become reality. If you are going to say we don't know what we are talking about then please lists the facts that show otherwise, as I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong or misinformed.
While I also don't think Albuquerque Metro is the 2nd fastest growing...the above links just showed the city itself growth, which showed Albuquerque at 21.
He did say it was 2nd fastest METRO....does anyone have the Metro numbers?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM

12,965 posts, read 23,004,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
While I also don't think Albuquerque Metro is the 2nd fastest growing...the above links just showed the city itself growth, which showed Albuquerque at 21.
He did say it was 2nd fastest METRO....does anyone have the Metro numbers?

U.S. Census Bureau Metro lists 3/10/2008.
They have 2 lists. The first list is the Metro Numerical growth and the second list is the Percentage growth.

US Census Press Releases Metro's 3/10/2008 (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/011671.html - broken link)

Old 09-02-2008, 03:29 PM

699 posts, read 1,882,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
I honestly think you have no idea what you are talking about? Albuquerque is Americas 2nd Fastest growing city behind Atlanta according to CNN, we have also figured that out on our own, i dont know if you know this.. but i work for the city of albuquerque's planning division AGIS, belive me i dont mean to be rude in any way.. but i know alot more than you do, it took me awhile and are team to come up with these predictions, 200,000+ homes are planned to be built in the west gate heights area.. i dont know if you have seen the project maps but its going to be outrageous.. litterally. It is my job to take months and study and oversight these projects and predictions and ever since i was hired in 2004 we have been right on mostly all of our predictions.. hitting 1.3 million before 2030 is the city's main goal, and belive me it will happen.. it also gets me mad when outsiders on these threads say they know more than me dispite the fact i was born and raised here. You can show me website and sources for all the crap developments coming up.. but i know more than a website or media sources.. its my job

f.y.i after this whole downfall in the economy tapers off, watch albuquerque GROW.. we know how much, when and who..
I looked up CNN's latest reports on population gains and here is what I found:

CNN, is reporting the same stats as 6/3 posted above.

Attached is a CNN link which shows the 10 Fastest Growing cities, of which, Albuquerque is not one of them.

U.S.:]U.S.: New Orleans is nation's fastest growing big city - Jul. 10, 2008 New Orleans is nation's fastest growing big city - Jul. 10, 2008

These rankings use U.S. Census Bureau Estimates gathered for fiscal 2007 and released in early 2008. I haven't seen the fiscal 2008 stats as of yet, so maybe we moved up significantly this past year. If so that is great, and maybe that is what Bradley is referring to.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,153,435 times
Quote:

Well here's mine.
US Census Bureau US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/012242.html - broken link) July/10/2008 Release

Cnn Money.com U.S.: New Orleans is nation's fastest growing big city - Jul. 10, 2008 july/10/2008

Neither of these lists by CNN or the US Census Bureau show albuquerque in their top 10 list in population total numbers or population percentage gains.

From 2005-2007 we were the fastest growing if i find the list i will show you, and New Orleans.. will contiously get slammed by hurricanes, if people wanna live there thats fine.. as long as i dont live in a hurricane zone i live in the wonderful desert southwest were all i have to worry about is tornadoes.. or.. sand storrms hahah rarely..every 30 years..

Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,153,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finmqa1 View Post
I'm a native Albuquerquean as well, so get off your high horse. I also have connections with the folks at AED, and other organizations around the city. You guys can plan for all the houses in the world but without jobs none of them will get built. Albuquerque today is not the media darling it was 2 years ago, things have slowed and they'll continue to slow for the foreseable future. And yes we already know where you work, that has been the basis for all of your arguments.
Wow you know so much dont you,.. as a matter of fact you know it all buddy why dont we let you take over my job.. hahah i know what i say.. as a graduate from urban planning and political science i sure know what i'm talking about..dont you think? ..or do you know as much as i do..

Old 09-02-2008, 06:49 PM

Yeah, you have to wonder what New Orleans' numbers are really saying. How many are simply returning... and how many are new/transplants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque