Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:34 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,729,603 times

Advertisements

There is two bedroom TH, 890SF, W/D & yard in a real nice area east of Tramway for $685 and they say dogs are OK. You are close to a real nice park there and only minutes walk from the trails in the foothills. I think that would be perfect! It's on CL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,969,467 times
You may want to look at the Albuquerque and Rio Rancho portions of www.rent.com. They list condos among many other types. When I moved here, they had extensive listings and information that helped me look at numerous places and narrow down my list before I came. Saved me a lot of time and dough by not having to tour and pay application fees at too many complexes, and even gave me a $100 debit card for telling the renter I found them on rent.com. In this information age, there's no reason to go through the hassles that used to make relocation a time-consuming expense.

For your railroad job, you'd be well-served to look into Northwest ABQ and Rio Rancho. Nice areas and they'd minimize your commute.

As for crime, ABQ has its share. The Northeast part of town, especially north of Montgomery and East of San Mateo, is more upscale and has been very safe for me living here since March. Stick to the 87111 zip code and you'll live in a nice area with a great deal of apartments, town homes, and houses. Also a lot of great businesses in that area, so you really don't have to venture to the less desirable portions of town, which would be in the Southern vicinity, mainly around Downtown and the Sunport. More affluent locals refer to it as the South Valley.

If I go into the south side of town, it's for Downtown business/dining, Central Ave. shopping/dining/mingling (UNM is around Central Ave), Sunport visits, or the occasional 'Tope game this last summer. I still haven't visited Old Town, but I hear it's worth the jaunt. All of that stuff is definitely worth a visit, just to get a feel for some of southern ABQ's offerings. There are apparently just some bad neighborhoods around the South side of town that I hear you don't want to visit.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,416 times
Default Where would I find a Christian male roommate in the nicer parts of town?

greetings, job is taking me to Kirtland AFB (unfortunately) next summer 2009. I will commute back to CO every weekend I can to be with family. Any ideas would be appreciated to where I can find a respectful, non-judgemental Christian male roommate in the better areas of town? Also, looking for spirit-filled Assembly of God church with active men's ministry. I'm not perfect either, and hypocritical at times so I want to be around people like me--working to be more Christ-like. I hear Rio Rancho is decent, but anywhere is really fine with me. I conceal carry (ex-cop) so there is no such thing as a bad neighborhoood but I definitely want to protect my property. Thanks in advance for all your advice~ Dingo

Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,981,846 times
Rachelle, if you're sure you'll be working in Belen, down the road, you may want to consider something a bit further south too, like Los Lunas. It's pretty suburban & family oriented, and small enough where everything would be close by. Not quite as hip as Norman, but I know people who like it.

Some of the areas further north [Corrales & Rio Rancho] that were mentioned are very nice, but may be up to an hour commute [although I know you mentioned you're open to commuting].

Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 60,001 times
Hi,

Where did you say this is? I'm also looking for a place that will accept a large dog. We're a couple in our 20's, no kids, looking for someplace affordable with access to outdoor recreation as well as some sort of cultural scene (if possible).

Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 PM

522 posts, read 1,604,487 times
If you're looking for a townhome and low crime (although that is an oxymoron in Alb) I would live in the far Northeast Heights. Especially if you buy, it's a better investment. People are friendly and it's very pretty there. Lots of sweet parks, etc. I lived in Alb for 13 years and lived in many areas and the far NE heights is by far the best area.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM

3,556 posts, read 10,186,629 times
ABQ is like any other American city... there are great places to live and not so great places to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque