Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 04:00 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby777 View Post
No I'm not in the minority. There are hundreds of McDonalds, Burger Kings, Wendy's, Jack in the Boxes, Sonics, Whataburgers, Carls Jrs, etc for every In-n-Out Burger. If I was in the minority, In-n-Out would put all the others out of business in every area they go to.
They don't put them out of business for a couple of reasons, the number 1-they control their growth and are only in the west right now, some places hardly at all. They started in So Calif in the early 50s. Moved to No Calif about 20 years ago, then into AZ, with only a handful there as well as 2 or 3 in NV and now Ut... No, the number has nothing to do with popularity. This would be like saying Outback offers a better product than Ruth Chris because they have 5 times as many stores...You can like what you want, which is wonderful, we all have that right and no, not everyone loves InandOut but your reasoning is way off base.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 04:03 PM

713 posts, read 1,840,432 times
Burt's Berger Bowl...greasy, runny, juicy and delicious. Or take the time and sit down at Bobcat Bite. Ground their own meat every morning. Oh, this is the Albuquerque Forum.

Nevermind!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:07 PM

25 posts, read 100,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
They don't put them out of business for a couple of reasons, the number 1-they control their growth and are only in the west right now, some places hardly at all. They started in So Calif in the early 50s. Moved to No Calif about 20 years ago, then into AZ, with only a handful there as well as 2 or 3 in NV and now Ut... No, the number has nothing to do with popularity. This would be like saying Outback offers a better product than Ruth Chris because they have 5 times as many stores...You can like what you want, which is wonderful, we all have that right and no, not everyone loves InandOut but your reasoning is way off base.....
From 1993 to 1999, In-N-Out opened up 47 new stores and they have over 200 locations total. That does not sound like controlling its growth to me. In-N-Out is not some mom and pop operation that is trying to keep its roots. It has gone beyond that stage and is now a big corporation that enjoys opening up new stores in order to make more money. I agree that there can be local chains that are much better than national chains, and just because they have less locations does not mean they have inferior product. I wasn't saying In-N-Out had inferior product to other fast food restaurants. I said that I didn't think it was much better than other fast food stores, and other people must agree with me because In-N-Out does not dominate the fast food market.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:20 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,239,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby777 View Post
I said that I didn't think it was much better than other fast food stores, and other people must agree with me because In-N-Out does not dominate the fast food market.
That's about as logical as saying Phoenix must be 5x better of a city than Albuquerque because 5x as many people live there.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
Burt's Berger Bowl...greasy, runny, juicy and delicious. Or take the time and sit down at Bobcat Bite. Ground their own meat every morning. Oh, this is the Albuquerque Forum.

Nevermind!
If we even get to Sante Fe again, Bobcat Bite will be our first stop.

Nita

Old 12-15-2008, 07:26 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,000,094 times
Nita, make a note of this somewhere -- Bobcat Bite is only open Weds - Sat.

Bobcat Bite.

Last edited by Towanda; 12-15-2008 at 07:53 AM..

Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 AM

I will, sounds really yummy!!!!

Nita

Old 12-15-2008, 10:50 AM

52 posts, read 215,108 times
I've never been a burger fan - used to not eat them at all, then finally started eating them if they were homemade and fresh grilled, but absolutely refused to eat fast-food ones. I even worked at Burger King for 2 years in high school and never once ate one of their burgers. However, one day, a few years ago, my husband convinced me stop at In-N-Out. I swore I was only going to have a milkshake and fries. He convinced me to take a bite of his cheeseburger. The rest, as they say, is history. I still don't eat that many burgers, but I've made an exception to the "no fast-food burger" rule for In-N-Out. It really is that good.

Of course, if they decided to put green chile on it, that would be even better.....

Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,984,767 times
oh by the way, Jack in the Box is currently under construction right next to the Whatburger on the Westside of town(US 550).

Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,435,759 times
Blakes aren't bad, neither is Sonic but until In n Out come here ( if they come here ) I'd vote for Rex's or Griffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque