Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,094 times

Advertisements

Finally pulled my TOTES brand socks out of storage (no need in Houston). They've got these great little rubberesque treads on the bottoms.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times
Default Just be thankful...

If folks think cold floors are a nuisance or reality in the ABQ / Rio Rancho area, just be grateful you aren't living in...Denver, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Toronto, Louisville, Omaha, Santa Fe, Chicago, Reno, Pittsburgh, Flagstaff, Kansas City, Indianapolis, etc., etc., etc.

It could be far, far worse!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
If folks think cold floors are a nuisance or reality in the ABQ / Rio Rancho area, just be grateful you aren't living in...Denver, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, NYC, Boston, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Toronto, Louisville, Omaha, Santa Fe, Chicago, Reno, Pittsburgh, Flagstaff, Kansas City, Indianapolis, etc., etc., etc.

It could be far, far worse!
I've never had problems with cold floors in Denver, in my house or anyone else I know. Probably because everybody here has a basement, so the "ground floor" isn't on the ground. But walking barefoot, cold or warm, is disgusting IMO.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I've never had problems with cold floors in Denver, in my house or anyone else I know. Probably because everybody here has a basement, so the "ground floor" isn't on the ground.
Amen, same in Kansas City...and we had carpeting throughout the house, unlike NM where most of the houses we looked at had tile.

Remember when your feet are cold in January, you can put on some nice warm socks or slippers and put warm rugs on the floors -- but you will be glad for the cool tile floors when July comes around.

Last edited by Towanda; 01-05-2009 at 10:27 AM..

Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times
Quote:
I've never had problems with cold floors in Denver, in my house or anyone else I know. Probably because everybody here has a basement, so the "ground floor" isn't on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Amen, same in Kansas City...and we had carpeting throughout the house, unlike NM where most of the houses had tile.
Sure, I guess though the point being if the same accommodations were used in ABQ (or anywhere else warm, cold, or otherwise), there wouldn't be the problem.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,327 times
Quote:
I've never had problems with cold floors in Denver, in my house or anyone else I know. Probably because everybody here has a basement, so the "ground floor" isn't on the ground. But walking barefoot, cold or warm, is disgusting IMO.
You wouldn't like coming to my house. I hate to wear shoes and socks...ughhhhhhh.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,362,327 times
[quote=Towanda;6846820]Amen, same in Kansas City...and we had carpeting throughout the house, unlike NM where most of the houses we looked at had tile.

QUOTE]

When we buy a house here, we don't want rugs on any floors. I hate rugs and they trap all kinds of yucky stuff that aggravates my asthma. Give me hardwood or tile any day.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
You wouldn't like coming to my house. I hate to wear shoes and socks...ughhhhhhh.
Like you, I dress "Hobbit-style" as often as possible..

Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The slab is approximating the annual average temperature (plus of minus a couple of degrees). Try platform shoes to get your feet away from the floor.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
[quote=AlisonL;6847771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Amen, same in Kansas City...and we had carpeting throughout the house, unlike NM where most of the houses we looked at had tile.

QUOTE]

When we buy a house here, we don't want rugs on any floors. I hate rugs and they trap all kinds of yucky stuff that aggravates my asthma. Give me hardwood or tile any day.
Well, that is how I feel about it. I have one nice rug in my living room that hubby bought in Iraq, and some runners in the hallways, mostly because they look cool. BUT I am not a carpet person, and that was a trade-off I made with my husband when we bought this house - he likes carpeted bedrooms (UGH).

I am a big tile person. BUT anyone who loves tile and going barefoot should in my opinion look for a house with radiant heat under the flooring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque