U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:48 PM

1,764 posts, read 3,853,269 times

Advertisements

I'd feel quite safe walking in the ghetto, or walking downtown from EDo, but I would be cautious walking from EDo to the ghetto/UNM.

Ridgecrest is great. So many nice leafy areas around ABQ to pick from, if that's what you want. Altura Pk. is really nice, and also some great tree-ed neighborhoods along Candelaria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,480,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
When someone says "Between downtown and the ghetto/UNM" They are, as stated above, taking about Huning Highland (EDo). It is quite a unique neighborhood for Albuquerque. There are some rentals around there but the nicest houses are pretty much owner-occupied.

ABQConvict
Too many Bart Prince creations in that area.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM

1,972 posts, read 2,848,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
Too many Bart Prince creations in that area.
I had to look him up. After going through his site, I have to demand that you
take back anything you ever said about Rio Ranch being cookie-cutter.

Massively ugly, yes; cookie cutter, no...

Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM

147 posts, read 359,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
I'd feel quite safe walking in the ghetto, or walking downtown from EDo, but I would be cautious walking from EDo to the ghetto/UNM.

Ridgecrest is great. So many nice leafy areas around ABQ to pick from, if that's what you want. Altura Pk. is really nice, and also some great tree-ed neighborhoods along Candelaria.
I rode my bike from UNM, down Martin Luther King, took a turn off to check out side streets and ended up at that school-turned-loft project.... and then some. Seemed ok. Was early morning however.

I'm wishing I moved closer to downtown. I ended up in Nob Hill which is too close to big-street garbage for me. WalMart w/i stone's throw - yuck.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
I had to look him up. After going through his site, I have to demand that you
take back anything you ever said about Rio Ranch being cookie-cutter.

You have me in a corner Mike... like a wild animal.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
I rode my bike from UNM, down Martin Luther King, took a turn off to check out side streets and ended up at that school-turned-loft project.... and then some. Seemed ok. Was early morning however.

I'm wishing I moved closer to downtown. I ended up in Nob Hill which is too close to big-street garbage for me. WalMart w/i stone's throw - yuck.
At least you're not up in the Heights like me. You should count your blessings. I'll get you started... 1) I live in Nob Hill.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 AM

17,655 posts, read 19,061,726 times
Default Bart Prince Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Hehehe.... I guess that structure is still there. I will have to drive by again.... It has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Rich

Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM

1,764 posts, read 3,853,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
I rode my bike from UNM, down Martin Luther King, took a turn off to check out side streets and ended up at that school-turned-loft project.... and then some. Seemed ok.
It is a pretty cool area - too bad you won't get to experience Bob's Fish & Chips. IMO the best in ABQ.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:27 PM

147 posts, read 359,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
At least you're not up in the Heights like me. You should count your blessings. I'll get you started... 1) I live in Nob Hill.
No, I'm not in the Heights but Nob Hill...well, its not for me. It's great looking and has great shops, but shopping isnt really an "activity" for me. I would like to be able to pop into a seedy bar after work and have a beer, listen to some music. I feel another forum topic coming on.....

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM

1,643 posts, read 2,144,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
It is a pretty cool area - too bad you won't get to experience Bob's Fish & Chips. IMO the best in ABQ.
Was that the place on Central west of University?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque