Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Jim Villanucci if he runs for office?
Yes 11 23.40%
No 22 46.81%
Not Sure 2 4.26%
I Don't Know Who Jim Villanucci Is 12 25.53%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:21 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times

Advertisements

He talks so much ****, but in reality.. honestly, he would be just as worse as richardson and all those other crooks, I hate people who think they can do better so they talk and talk but once they are in office they will truly understand what it is like. They too will hit the solid brick wall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 12:33 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,289,325 times
I did not know he was interested in running? If I had a choice between him or one of the crooks (Marty, Richardson and the likes). I would give my vote to Nuch.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
He talks so much ****, but in reality.. honestly, he would be just as worse as richardson and all those other crooks, I hate people who think they can do better so they talk and talk but once they are in office they will truly understand what it is like. They too will hit the solid brick wall!
He would be just as worse? I don't know what you are trying to say.

Nita

Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 AM

35 posts, read 105,688 times
there is a lot of difference in talking in front of a microphone and actually trying to run for office. Ask Larry Aherns how that worked out for him!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,080,139 times
_yb admitted:

> I did not know he was interested in running?

The OP said that he would be interested " if kicked off
the air by the Fairness Doctrine "

If he lost his job because of it then he would have time
for such nonsense.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleplay54 View Post
there is a lot of difference in talking in front of a microphone and actually trying to run for office. Ask Larry Aherns how that worked out for him!
Exactly, no got nowhere fast. Of course we will never know what kind of a poliitcian he would have been.

NIta

Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times
Guys...for the rude and abrasive thing...

A) I think he's actually pretty darn mild compared to other bigger markets for talking pundits or "on air" (meaning TV or radio, etc.). Here in Milwaukee, we have a pundit talk-show host who I actually generally agree 100% with, however, is much more rude and abrasive.

I am not saying he's always genial, however, he lets tons of callers - libs and conservatives alike - as well as some nut jobs (and nut jobs a plenty call his show) at least have their say.

There is a regular "Johnny" guy that calls in to his show - a nut job through and through - but 'Nuc always takes his call and lets him have his say.

B) The rude and abrasive thing is more "schtick" than anything.

Comeon now...and be HONEST to yourself...tell me you don't laugh out loud many times when they rip a bit on a foolish caller.

If you don't, well then I respect that you just don't like sarcasm...the world would probably be better if we all felt that way. However, a lot of what he does if/when he does get sarcastic is more or less done for ratings, entertainment, and laughs...you can't argue with the numbers...lots of people in ABQ eat it up.

I really though don't think he's all that bad with the rudeness thing.

Anyway, he's kind of odd politically to me. He professes to be a libertarian, wihch for the most part is a political view more conservative than even Republicans (although allowing for maybe some more commonality with Dems in a few social issues), but then he'd be the first person to support heartily guys like Bill Richardson...who, whether you like him or not...would generally not garner support from a pure-bred libertarian.

Anyway, sure, I would vote for the guy under certain circumstances. Depends what office he was running for, and more in particular, who he was running against.

I don't think it'll ever come to that though. I hope (and pray) that the government stays away from legislating free speech by way of paid-for television programming. Whether it be ultra-liberal Keith Olbermann or ultra-conservative Rush, the government has no damn business getting involved with any of their programming.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Guys...for the rude and abrasive thing...

A) I think he's actually pretty darn mild compared to other bigger markets for talking pundits or "on air" (meaning TV or radio, etc.). Here in Milwaukee, we have a pundit talk-show host who I actually generally agree 100% with, however, is much more rude and abrasive.

I am not saying he's always genial, however, he lets tons of callers - libs and conservatives alike - as well as some nut jobs (and nut jobs a plenty call his show) at least have their say.

There is a regular "Johnny" guy that calls in to his show - a nut job through and through - but 'Nuc always takes his call and lets him have his say.

B) The rude and abrasive thing is more "schtick" than anything.

Comeon now...and be HONEST to yourself...tell me you don't laugh out loud many times when they rip a bit on a foolish caller.

If you don't, well then I respect that you just don't like sarcasm...the world would probably be better if we all felt that way. However, a lot of what he does if/when he does get sarcastic is more or less done for ratings, entertainment, and laughs...you can't argue with the numbers...lots of people in ABQ eat it up.

I really though don't think he's all that bad with the rudeness thing.

Anyway, he's kind of odd politically to me. He professes to be a libertarian, wihch for the most part is a political view more conservative than even Republicans (although allowing for maybe some more commonality with Dems in a few social issues), but then he'd be the first person to support heartily guys like Bill Richardson...who, whether you like him or not...would generally not garner support from a pure-bred libertarian.

Anyway, sure, I would vote for the guy under certain circumstances. Depends what office he was running for, and more in particular, who he was running against.

I don't think it'll ever come to that though. I hope (and pray) that the government stays away from legislating free speech by way of paid-for television programming. Whether it be ultra-liberal Keith Olbermann or ultra-conservative Rush, the government has no damn business getting involved with any of their programming.
I agree with everything you say, Government stay away. Let the market decide who stays on the air and who doesn't.

Yes, Jim is a little different, his support for Richardson really blew us away. We were still in NM at that time.

No, I don't think he will really run, I think it is more talk than anything, but we will soon see.

Nita

Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 AM

857 posts, read 1,732,995 times
Default Jim Villanucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Yes, Jim is a little different, his support for Richardson really blew us away. We were still in NM at that time.

Remember Jim's former co-host Richard Eeds? Rich was the Assistant Program Director for 770 KKOB and helped Richardson w/ his Presidential campaign. That's why Richard went off the air. I don't know if he will come back on the air or not....

Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,712,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lane View Post

Remember Jim's former co-host Richard Eeds? Rich was the Assistant Program Director for 770 KKOB and helped Richardson w/ his Presidential campaign. That's why Richard went off the air. I don't know if he will come back on the air or not....
I believe he got a pretty high up job with the NM Department of Tourism (lucky son of a gun.).

He interacted well with 'Nuc, although I like Billy Cornelius' interactions with him too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque