U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 PM

9 posts, read 15,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I live in Rio Rancho. My wife works at Kirtland AFB (Past the golf course) her travel time is 45 to 60 minutes one way.

Have you checked KAFB housing office? They usually have some listings.

Rich
No not yet currently down in Georgia doing some schooling before I go back to Oklahoma and pack up and start that process. Definitely will be doing my research, probably try to take a trip up there a month or so out to see if we can't find a place, school, etc. before hand.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,426,506 times
I think the thing with RR is there is a lot of city traffic to slog through. You have to cross the river, which has fewer crossing points than needed to support the traffic currently trying to cross it at rush hour.

The APS system is really big so if you want to send your kids to APS and your wife is picky, she should start digging around on sites like "greatschools" and the APS site (has "school report cards" and other info on each school) now so you have the areas you want to live in narrowed down. There will be people who tell you all APS schools are terrible and people who retort "Hey! I went through APS and my school was fine". You need to check out each individual school, and what cluster they are in.

If you do choose Sandia Park, your kids would go to San Antonito Elementary School and Roosevelt Middle school. High school would be either Manzano High or East Mountain High (charter). If you lived far east enough (near Mountain Valley Rd (runs north-south between Edgewood and Tijeras/Sandia Park)) you might end up on the line for the Moriarty-Edgewood schools.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque