U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:26 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,306,931 times

Advertisements

Sadly, I will be leaving this wonderful part of the world. Although I've enjoyed my 5 years here, I've discovered that I miss my friends and family and will be returning to the area where I came from.

Pretty soon, I'll start packing. Does anyone know of a store where I can buy moving boxes at a reasonable price?

Is anyone out there who may have just moved here and still has the boxes? If so, I'd be happy to buy them from you.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,143,730 times
Check on Craigslist and the yahoo free Albuquerque group - I've always found plenty there

Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 PM

417 posts, read 907,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Sadly, I will be leaving this wonderful part of the world. Although I've enjoyed my 5 years here, I've discovered that I miss my friends and family and will be returning to the area where I came from.

Pretty soon, I'll start packing. Does anyone know of a store where I can buy moving boxes at a reasonable price?

Is anyone out there who may have just moved here and still has the boxes? If so, I'd be happy to buy them from you.

Thanks.
I probably have 10 or so you're more then welcome to for free. I'm in RR. PM me if you want them.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 PM

409 posts, read 863,585 times
DAMN! I was going to keep all mine (they were even color-coded and numbered...anal I know) and put them on craigslist but I thought "who would want em?!" Anyway! If you are near a petsmart...call and ask them if you can have their "Re-pack" boxes. Just find out when their trucks come and offer to pick them up immediately. They are collapsable boxes and just need one strip of re-enforcment tape on the bottom! Do NOT attempt to use them without the tape..I've heard stories! They worked GREAT for me because they are all one size!

PS...Petco may be the same way...but their are competition..so I wouldnt know.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM

5,553 posts, read 9,552,952 times
Any grocery store will have a bunch of boxes every day for you.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 PM

46 posts, read 64,178 times
Back in November & December Home Depot had moving boxes dirt cheap...the small ones were under a buck and the medium size were not much more. Check with them and see.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 PM

1,764 posts, read 3,851,978 times
NMGuy, you can try www.freecycle.com

People give all kinds of free stuff away.

p.s. Btw, good luck to you...I remember your earlier thread about moving, and I hope the move goes well. I know how tough it can be, as we just went through it last year.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:21 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,306,931 times
Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions. I took Fischer-girl's advice and arranged with the nearby PetSmart to pick up a week's supply of flattened boxes.

You folks are awesome.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM

409 posts, read 863,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions. I took Fischer-girl's advice and arranged with the nearby PetSmart to pick up a week's supply of flattened boxes.

You folks are awesome.
Great. Glad you got the boxes. They get in tons and tons each week..and just send them to be recycled.

Whatever you do...DON'T forget a strip of tape on the bottom!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:50 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,478,620 times
I have a big box of packing peanuts and little bags of air. I knew someone would need them.

Sorry to hear you will be moving away.

More green chile for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque