Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:25 PM

702 posts, read 2,722,040 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a possible move to Albuquerque, but would like to know what the job market there is like right now. I'm 23 and would like to live in a trendy yet not so pricey area (preferably an apartment), so what's the housing there like? I recently graduated from Texas Tech and took a job out here in El Paso, but it didnt work out and I am now unemployed. The jobs here are tough and I'm on a time crunch.

I'm planning on visiting the city next week to get a feel for it. What areas do you suggest that I visit? I do enjoy night life and having a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 7,614 times
the job market is kinda tuff right now. have you tried applying on line? i have noticed that a lot of companies are asking people to apply online. housing is pretty much like el paso. i lived there since i was a little girl they do pay a bit better over here in albuquerque. at least minimum wage is higher here. visit the area by UNM, which is on central and like university... all that area, you'll recognize it when you see it, has a lot of different people you can get to know. Renting close or around the school is affordable, since students want to live near by. Down central to downtown is where the clubs and bars are...

Old 03-13-2009, 06:28 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
I'm considering a possible move to Albuquerque, but would like to know what the job market there is like right now. I'm 23 and would like to live in a trendy yet not so pricey area (preferably an apartment), so what's the housing there like? I recently graduated from Texas Tech and took a job out here in El Paso, but it didnt work out and I am now unemployed. The jobs here are tough and I'm on a time crunch.

I'm planning on visiting the city next week to get a feel for it. What areas do you suggest that I visit? I do enjoy night life and having a good time.
GET YOUR GUNS UP!

My wife and I are fellow Red Raiders.

What industry are you in?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 PM

RAIDER POWER!! haha

I'm Business Management and will be getting an MBA in the future.. it's way too tough out here.

I'd ideally like to go into sales.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,867,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
GET YOUR GUNS UP!

My wife and I are fellow Red Raiders.

What industry are you in?
You're a Tech graduate? I'm shocked. You hate Texas and Texans, so I'm surprised that you would attend a Texas university.

And yeah.....GO RAIDERS!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM

12 posts, read 67,736 times
I heard the Nob Hill area is good for young professionals, how far is that from the rail runner?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM

68 posts, read 455,603 times
Does Albuquerque have a trendy area?

Old 03-13-2009, 09:02 PM

426 posts, read 1,086,680 times
Does Albuquerque have a night life?

Have you thought of looking at other cities in Texas? Dallas is really nice. Plenty of stuff to do there too!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,915,856 times
Yes, Albuquerque has a night life.

Trendiest Area at the moment is ABQUptown area. ABQ Uptown - Shopping in Albuquerque - Upscale Retail and Residences ©2009 HBC Land LP - Home

Downtown, Nob Hill/Campus are trendy.

There have been several job fairs lately...and more our to come. Keep an eye out.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedely View Post
Does Albuquerque have a night life?

Have you thought of looking at other cities in Texas? Dallas is really nice. Plenty of stuff to do there too!
I'm from Dallas.. lived there my whole life until I went to Tech (I do love it out there too). I'm trying to experience something new and different and I do like my new neighborhood in El Paso and would like to find a job and stay here, but Im having no luck. I like the scenery and enjoy the weather out here. I've applied to several job openings in Albuquerque and will be visiting next week.

If I dont find work on my own then my parents will come get me and take me back to Dallas the last weekend of this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: