Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:51 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times

Advertisements

Another vote for sledding on White Sands. It may be cheaper to take a bottle of Armor-all to slick the sleds.

Another BIG vote for winding your way through the Hondo Valley to Lincoln. If we didn't need jobs, that's where we'd move to. Absolutely beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM

101 posts, read 354,945 times
Thank you very much!
Could you please be more specific on this " Hondo Valley to Lincoln." ? Is it the same thing 6 feet3 suggested. how . thnks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
Another vote for sledding on White Sands. It may be cheaper to take a bottle of Armor-all to slick the sleds.

Another BIG vote for winding your way through the Hondo Valley to Lincoln. If we didn't need jobs, that's where we'd move to. Absolutely beautiful!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,619,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelawongme View Post
"Earth Day Fair is held annually on the last Saturday in April at Alameda Park Zoo." (fromwikipedia)

is this earth day fair worth going?Thanks
I never have been to that specific festival but i usually go to the Cottonwood fest at Alameda Park which is always Huge and neat.

Here's a few sites for more info for you Angela.

Alamo chamber
Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce

Cloudcroft 20 mins east of Alamo
Things to do, Activities and Recreation around Cloudcroft

Ruidoso 45 mins northeast of Alamo
Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce

Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Your kindness just blew me away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I never have been to that specific festival but i usually go to the Cottonwood fest at Alameda Park which is always Huge and neat.

Here's a few sites for more info for you Angela.

Alamo chamber
Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce

Cloudcroft 20 mins east of Alamo
Things to do, Activities and Recreation around Cloudcroft

Ruidoso 45 mins northeast of Alamo
Ruidoso Valley Chamber of Commerce

Old 03-17-2009, 02:24 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times
The Hondo Valley is a beautiful farming community with little markets scattered about. Nothing really to DO there, but it's a beautiful drive. If you can stand to look at unedited images (i'm a former photographer and it's a pet peeve, lol) i'll post some pics I shot of Lincoln. It's a wee town, hangout of Billy the Kid. Ooh, almost forgot. If you make it to Ruidoso, the Burger Trolley has an awesome burger they serve with a ton o'fries and a great orange creamcicle shake. The Museum of the American West is in that area as well. Very interesting exhibits and beautiful grounds.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM

thank you all. I cant believe how nice people here are.
We are new in abq, but we are moving again. I am definitely going to miss ABQ

Old 03-17-2009, 10:59 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,432 times
Quote:
thank you all. I cant believe how nice people here are.
We are new in abq, but we are moving again. I am definitely going to miss ABQ

Hi Angela, if you do get a chance before you leave Abq., you should try to take a seperate trip and see Carlsbad Caverns. This is no small thing, believe me. It takes hours to tour it. It's a wonder of the world, not to be missed. But i agree 6 hours more driving round trip, is alot. Don't forget to get a little down time in your weekend and check out the Zoo in Alamo. I think the baby would enjoy it too

If you'd like a great road map for NM to use on some of the places mentioned by the others, pick up a copy of "New Mexico Road and Recreation Atlas" by Benchmark Maps. It's outstanding, I've found it to be the best road atlas/maps for the whole state.
(the bookstores have them and it's on line too, got mine at Walmart in NM )
Have a great weekend whatever you do!

Tia Dalma

Old 03-19-2009, 11:44 AM

Alamo ? the "Alamo (T'iistoh in Navajo) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Socorro County, New Mexico, United States. The population was 1,183 at the 2000 census. It is the largest community on the Alamo Navajo Indian Reservation. from wiki" ? the same thing?
Zoo in Alamo is special?
Tell me a little more. THANKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiaDalma View Post
Hi Angela, if you do get a chance before you leave Abq., you should try to take a seperate trip and see Carlsbad Caverns. This is no small thing, believe me. It takes hours to tour it. It's a wonder of the world, not to be missed. But i agree 6 hours more driving round trip, is alot. Don't forget to get a little down time in your weekend and check out the Zoo in Alamo. I think the baby would enjoy it too

If you'd like a great road map for NM to use on some of the places mentioned by the others, pick up a copy of "New Mexico Road and Recreation Atlas" by Benchmark Maps. It's outstanding, I've found it to be the best road atlas/maps for the whole state.
(the bookstores have them and it's on line too, got mine at Walmart in NM )
Have a great weekend whatever you do!

Tia Dalma

Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM

464 posts, read 1,157,432 times
Default Hi Angela!

Quote:
Alamo ? the "Alamo (T'iistoh in Navajo) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Socorro County, New Mexico, United States. The population was 1,183 at the 2000 census. It is the largest community on the Alamo Navajo Indian Reservation. from wiki" ? the same thing?
Zoo in Alamo is special?
Tell me a little more. THANKS

I'm sorry I did not get back to you sooner! I've been helpin' deal with (alot) of horses the last couple of days, and a couple had a slight reaction to some vaccines. So just have been gone or dead tired LOL Whew! Takin' a little time for myself now LOL (spring/annual vaccines etc)

I'm also sorry to have used "Alamo" so loosely, especially with someone not familiar with the terms

"Alamo" in New Mexico is short for Alamogordo
"Tulie" is short for Tularosa. there are others but you get the idea

It's not a huge Zoo but a nice zoo in "Alamo" Just a close in distance to White Sands and family thing for kids etc during your trip when there.
And an inexpensive thing to do too

What ever y'awl decide to do, have a great trip and ask more questions if you need to

Tia Dalma

Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,903,644 times
Jumping in - is there something special about going on Easter Wknd to White Sands? I cannot remember but that thought sticks in my head.

Anything more special than doing it on a regular (or holiday) weekend? I'd like to take the kids to it at least once while we are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque