Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 AM

599 posts, read 5,730,739 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Due to another thread (Help a Swede) I have been on the look for companies that rent furniture. I will have to furnish an apartment for the six month I will work in ABQ. So my questions is: Have you rented furniture in ABQ, if so can you please give me some feedback from your experience?

Any recommendations? Any company that I shall NOT rent from?

The only company I could find when browsing the Internet was Cort (Furniture Rental for Home And Office Furniture, Corporate Housing, Relocation Services by Cort). Any experiences from renting from them?

Best,
joox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,184,329 times
In rare instances it may make sense to rent from companies like Aaron's or Midtown Rentals.

After one walk in there, though, I felt the urge to run away screaming. The prices were extremely high and I got the impression that their target audience was the sort that either didn't worry about money, or couldn't get furniture anywhere else due to really bad credit.

I'd stick with buying. If you shop carefully, you will spend less on your purchase than you will on one month's rental.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 AM

599 posts, read 5,730,739 times
Since I'm only staying for 6 months it seems somewhat ok to pay extra to arrive to a furnished apartment and then leave it without having to get rid of all the stuff when I head back to Sweden.

I have been in contact with Cort and for a cost of 400USD (incl taxes and fees) per month I can rent all furniture I will need, a bedspread package (incl sheets, pillows, blanket..), all kitchen supplies I would ever need and a TV. Included in the cost is also the delivery, unpacking and packing.

It is quite tempting to pay this cost instead of having chasing around ABQ the first thing I do after arriving. BUT I would like to know if anyone have engaged a rental firm that they can recommend or if anyone have used Cort services and feel happy or disapointed with this.

Best
joox

Old 03-25-2009, 02:42 AM

184 posts, read 805,235 times
joox-

Welcome to ABQ!
We are currently renting with Cort for the short term, and have been very pleased with that decision. We are paying 1/2 of what you are, however, we don't have the linen, kitchen and tv service.. I figured it was definitely cheaper to head to a second hand store for those items and save on the extra monthly costs. Also, with the TV (HDTV conversion) coming up soon, i'm sure you can find people will be giving away or for cheap, their former TVs. We actually bought a 2nd hand TV at Aarons's Rents store (south of Central) for about $50 dollars back in January.

Another tip to save additional monies each month on your Cort Rental bill,(to save from having to pay Cort's monthly insurance premium), Since we are renting an apartment, we needed to pay for renter's insurance anyway and thus, got Cort to waive 'their' monthly insurance premium. We just needed to add Cort's name to our apartment renter's insurance.

Good luck with the move! I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy ABQ!

Skysz...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque