Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:51 PM

108 posts, read 271,515 times

Advertisements

Okay, I have to eat crow (I think that is the right saying)! I am moving back to ABQ. I am going to take the advice I have read on this forum. I am going to go back with new eyes. I am going to stop complaining and work on bettering myself. I am going to give more and smile at people when I walk by.

I will let everyone know how it goes!

P.S. can someone please tell me how I can change my username?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 04:24 PM

429 posts, read 1,477,407 times
Contact one of the moderators for this forum. They will be able to change your moniker without losing your rep points, your other posts, etc. Good luck on your move. Sounds like you have the right attitude - just hang onto it. It gets hard to do sometimes!! haha

Old 03-28-2009, 04:31 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,027,378 times
Well, I'll be darned....that's great news! Maybe this time will be the charm and you will just love it!!!!!! Congratulations on your decision!

Do you know when you will be moving? We'll be waiting to hear how it goes!

To change your user name, send a Direct Message to EnjoyEP. He is the moderator for the New Mexico forums -- he can change it for you.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:04 PM

108 posts, read 271,515 times
Thanks! I sent an email to EP now I am waiting for him to respond. Perhaps he will wait awhile and leave me with my silly username, just to make sure I have thought long and hard about my foolishness

I am going to move in August. I am looking forward to it! I think I just needed to mature a little. Also I needed to take some time and see that, although I loved living in California when I was a young adult I may not like it now. I think I needed to see that, even though, Austin gets alot of praise it really isn't that great. I needed to see that crime scores aren't everything, that a city can look great on the internet but really be a horrible place to live.

Not sure if all of this makes sense to others, it's just the ramblings of fool... so take it with a grain of salt!

Old 03-28-2009, 05:26 PM

429 posts, read 1,477,407 times
It took EP a while to get mine changed but he did do it so be patient. Towanda - are you not a moderator anymore?

Old 03-28-2009, 05:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEAUSTIN View Post
Thanks! I sent an email to EP now I am waiting for him to respond. Perhaps he will wait awhile and leave me with my silly username, just to make sure I have thought long and hard about my foolishness

I am going to move in August. I am looking forward to it! I think I just needed to mature a little. Also I needed to take some time and see that, although I loved living in California when I was a young adult I may not like it now. I think I needed to see that, even though, Austin gets alot of praise it really isn't that great. I needed to see that crime scores aren't everything, that a city can look great on the internet but really be a horrible place to live.

Not sure if all of this makes sense to others, it's just the ramblings of fool... so take it with a grain of salt!
sometimes we all think the grass is greener on the other side. Good luck, I can tell you I would rather live in NM than Austin, but I think, for some Austin is a great place to live.

Nita

Old 03-28-2009, 05:33 PM

244 posts, read 920,722 times
Hey ILOVEAUSTIN, why did you decide to move back to ABQ from Austin? I am currently trying to decide whether to move to Austin or Albuquerque. I currently live in Tallahassee, Florida and have narrowed down my relocation list to these two cities. In your opinion, what does ABQ have that Austin doesn't, and what does Austin have that ABQ doesn't? Sell me on ABQ!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasSoggyInSeattle View Post
It took EP a while to get mine changed but he did do it so be patient. Towanda - are you not a moderator anymore?
No I resigned last October.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM

212 posts, read 538,939 times
I'm moving there in 4 weeks, too... To me, ABQ "looks great on the internet" and I have never been, but I have accepted the job offer and I am planning my move there.

So I don't need sold on ABQ like the previous poster, I'm already sold, but it's always nice to hear good things that reinforce the decision I've already made.

It sounds like you disliked Austin more than you like ABQ? I feel the same way about Columbus...

Old 03-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Have a good attitude, don't expect it to be like the places you are leaving, and rejoice in the beauty and the atmosphere here -- and I think chances are good you will love New Mexico.

It will be fun to hear from you both after you get here and form your opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque