Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,900,551 times

Advertisements

Also wanted to add that Moriarty has a summer rec program your elem-aged kids might be interested in doing if they have spaces left when you get here.

The district also has a free-lunch program all summer long for the kids - I can keep my eye out for more information. I think they are doing it at elementary schools this year but last summer it was at the parks. When I have more definite information I will tell you about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,248,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Last day for MESD is the Thursday following Memorial Day weekend. I bet that week will be a "fun" week so it might be fun for the younger kids to meet some kids.

I think they will be at Moriarty Elementary?

Ah. So the last day will be the day after we arrive. Can you believe my kids are already having 'fun' weeks at school? Last week for my two youngest( Monday was an off day):

#3 grader- Tuesday- Agriculture safetly day, Wednesday goal card rally, Thursday Parents vs. Teachers softball game, Friday aquarium field trip.

My 4th grader had the same schedule, save for Tuesday (scholar's bowl) and Friday(nothing). His field trip was this past Monday to the zoo but he missed due to having strep.

According to the landlord Moriarty will be the elementary school. Where do your school aged children go?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM

I hear ya, Nita- it's a LOT of work. What i'm not selling i'm giving away- i'm a freecyclin' fool! I've already given away so much stuff it's unreal and we've got tons more.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
I hear ya, Nita- it's a LOT of work. What i'm not selling i'm giving away- i'm a freecyclin' fool! I've already given away so much stuff it's unreal and we've got tons more.

I know the give away as well. Our church had the annual rummage sale the week we were leaving to house hunt:: boy did they get a lot from us as well as the gal who brought our house. She didn't have a lot of money or furniture: I can't believer everything I donated to her..It was easier and cheaper than moving it....

Again, good luck. I know you are going to be in heaven cause this is what you have been dreaming of for so long..

Nita

Old 05-06-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post

According to the landlord Moriarty will be the elementary school. Where do your school aged children go?

We are in the South Mtn Elem district. Its an awesome school. If you have any problems at Moriarty Elem and want to look into crossing boundary lines, I'd check SME out for sure. You are also near the boundary line for Mtn View Elementary. My son's 2nd grade teacher is there now - she was wonderful.

You know, while it would be silly to go through registration paperwork for the last day, you might want to stop by the school with the kids just to have a look around on that last day. You could meet the teachers for the grades they are going into. I would think the principal would let you do that. You could probably get the calendar and supply list as well at that time. I have already received mine.

PM me when you get here - we should meet in the Moriarty park one day.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM

429 posts, read 1,476,700 times
RRR! Great to hear you are on your way. Ping me when you get in and get settled and maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner sometime. My husband & I are meeting up with AliciaC and hubby this Friday. We both said we couldn't wait for your arrival!

Have a safe trip - you should do a blog (www.blogspot.com) about your trip. We did for friends and family in Seattle and have decided to keep in going about our 'adventures' here. Or have the kids do it.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM

Oooh, GOOD idea on stopping by the school, Lisdol. I think i'll call ahead and make sure it's not too disruptive. Moriarty park.... I might remember seeing it. Statue out by road? With grassy areas? Sounds like a plan to me!

Thanks for the info on the REC program. I'll have to check into that.

Lol, Nita- one woman to whom I gave three BIG bags full of clothes was helping her husband load them into the truck when he looked and me and said "Do you have ANY clothes left?!?!" lol

Thanks, W-sis. Lunch or dinner with y'all sounds great. Hope you and Alicia and the guys enjoy yourselves. I'll check out the blog thing. It'd be interesting to see it from each kid's point of view, wouldn't it?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:14 PM

There is Crossley Park, which is on the corner of 41 and 66, but there is also a park with a playground about 2 blocks from there, just west of 41 by a block and south of 66 by about 2 blocks. The only thing is you have to go back to the civic center building to use the bathroom if you need one. Other than that, its an OK park. I was surprised to find it in Moriarty, esp since the park in Edgewood is kind of sketchy.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:49 AM

I'll bet it was Crossley we saw, then. Oddly enough, whilst reading the MVT on line last night, I saw some pics of kids playing on equipment in a park. I'm guessing this is the one you mean? Hey, I can breathe normally there so a walk back for a potty break is an okay thing with me!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 AM

If it was the montage on their site, yes that was the park in Moriarty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque