Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:10 PM

27 posts, read 81,075 times

Advertisements

Is there such a thing? We are trying to decide whether or not to move and accept a job in ABQ. She would be working at Kirtland and I would be working at the airport. We would prefer not to commute more than 15 minutes if possible. ("We" meaning my wife) We have been reading all of the posts on this forum and have gotten a lot of great information on the city. In deciding between an offer in Tucson and Albuquerque, the scales have been tipped in your favor due to the amount of information you have supplied. We currently live in Los Angeles and look forward to being able to actually afford to buy a house. Help me Obi Wan, you're our only hope...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 07:17 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,900,551 times
Take a look at the Manzano Mesa neighborhood. Southern and Eubank SE, Albuquerque - Google Maps

Roughly East of Eubank, South of Southern, West of Juan Tabo.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:30 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,231 times
You you can find something very reasonable with 15 minutes of the airport/KAFB. If you don't mind a longer commute than your wife then you can look at the south foothills, very very nice neighborhood. I have a friend who lives there and works on base and he gets to work in 15 minutes or less depending on the time of day. Four Hills would also be an option if you(meaning she) wasn't travelling in rush hour. A lot also depends on your budget and home criteria.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
You you can find something very reasonable with 15 minutes of the airport/KAFB. If you don't mind a longer commute than your wife then you can look at the south foothills, very very nice neighborhood. I have a friend who lives there and works on base and he gets to work in 15 minutes or less depending on the time of day. Four Hills would also be an option if you(meaning she) wasn't travelling in rush hour. A lot also depends on your budget and home criteria.
Is the south foothills that new area on JT south? I think people my husband works with have recently purchased there.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 PM

27 posts, read 81,075 times
Berncohomes-- I see that you're a realtor. We're looking for a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath and >2800 sq. ft. We would prefer a newer home if possible. Do you think there is anything in the price range of 400k or lower in the two areas referenced in the posts? I don't mind driving, but the boss is pretty adamant about staying close to home. We looked at the Volterra homes on line but don't know if that is a good place to live.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Is the south foothills that new area on JT south? I think people my husband works with have recently purchased there.
South Foothills is anything considered east of Tramway, North of Central up to Montgomery.

The area you are thinking about is called Juan Tabo Hills.

Last edited by berncohomes; 05-30-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trz412 View Post
Berncohomes-- I see that you're a realtor. We're looking for a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath and >2800 sq. ft. We would prefer a newer home if possible. Do you think there is anything in the price range of 400k or lower in the two areas referenced in the posts? I don't mind driving, but the boss is pretty adamant about staying close to home. We looked at the Volterra homes on line but don't know if that is a good place to live.
I find 15 which match your criteria if we take out the newer property part and only 1 which matches every criteria. That one is 2 years old and very close to the base. Over 3000SF, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms and has a 2 Car Garage.

Send me a DM with your email address and I will send you the list.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
South Foothills is anything considered east of Tramway, North of Central up to Montgomery.

The area you are thinking about is called Juan Tabo Hills.
Thanks for clearing that up. I guess that means I lived in South Foothills for about six mos 12 yrs ago. I lived right down the street from that park on Copper.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 PM

The park just north of Copper, East of Tramway? I used to go there all the time with my son when we lived there last year.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 PM

Yes. I lived on Grant, which is your first left off of Copper, E of Tramway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque