Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 AM

350 posts, read 768,844 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a former Albuquerque resident, currently located in Chicago. We've been here for about a year and have had enough. We'd like to move back to ABQ as soon as possible, but I'd like to find work first (or, at least schedule a few promising interviews).

Craigslist, CareerBuilder, et al. have been no help. I thought reaching out here might do some good. Maybe not?

I'm a relatively young guy and up for anything - labor, office work, management situations, etc. Mostly I'd just like to be able to pay rent and enjoy the city once again. I should also mention I'm totally willing to pay my own way for interviews and relocation.

Anyway, hope all is well down in New Mexico today. We really miss the friendly people of vibrant Albuquerque. Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:55 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,204 times
The ABQ Journal has online job listings. There have also been career fairs held at some of the hotels recently, those have been listed in the paper too.
Two big companies that are hiring are Verizon and HP.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:47 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
The Verizon Wireless Call Center on West Central is hiring...

Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM

29 posts, read 58,787 times
Default See you there

Cornflakes,

I also am a former resident and currently living in San Antonio. I am ready to go back to the dry climate and great outdoors. I don't know what your background is but the movie industry seems to be picking up in the ABQ area as well as the Solar industry look in Shott Solar I think they are building some plant there to manufacture solar panels. See you on Central sometime.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:07 AM

350 posts, read 768,844 times
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the quick feedback!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Check the Business Journal - they had an article the other day about an upcoming job fair for positions at Kirtland AFB. Kirtland is holding it with the Hispano Chamber of Commerce.

http://events.ahcnm.org/content.asp?CustComKey=424290&CategoryKey=424291&p n=LinksInt&DomName=events.ahcnm.org (broken link)

Old 07-22-2009, 07:43 PM

361 posts, read 1,092,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes View Post
Hi,

I'm a former Albuquerque resident, currently located in Chicago. We've been here for about a year and have had enough. We'd like to move back to ABQ as soon as possible, but I'd like to find work first (or, at least schedule a few promising interviews).

Craigslist, CareerBuilder, et al. have been no help. I thought reaching out here might do some good. Maybe not?

I'm a relatively young guy and up for anything - labor, office work, management situations, etc. Mostly I'd just like to be able to pay rent and enjoy the city once again. I should also mention I'm totally willing to pay my own way for interviews and relocation.

Anyway, hope all is well down in New Mexico today. We really miss the friendly people of vibrant Albuquerque. Thanks for any help or advice you can provide!
If and when you move back to ABQ, make sure you post how it's changed there.

I've been gone for 10 years and am now living in Chicago. I've been thinking about moving back, because I miss doing outdoors stuff, the beautiful landscape, the people, the really old historical places, sun most everyday, and especially SHORTER WINTERS!!!

I'm in a serious relationship with a native of Chicago and trying to talk them into moving - maybe one day soon. Meanwhile, I live vicariously through everyone elses experiences here on City-Data and on Duke City Fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque