U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-02-2009, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 14,127 times
Default Looking for unique venues to get married in Albuquerque

Hi:

We are planning on getting married either in the late summer or fall of 2010. We live in the DC area, but will get married in the Albuquerque area, because I grew up there.
We are looking for a unique venue for the occasion. We want a venue that has a distinctive southwestern flair, looks good on the outside and inside, and is affordable. Does anyone have suggestions? We are not really looking for a church because it will be a Hindu ceremony.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM

4,580 posts, read 9,409,407 times
Im not too sure, I know that when I want to get married I will have the wedding in a corn field, probably not but that would be cool.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM

1,444 posts, read 2,986,840 times
Hotel Albuquerque has good wedding facilities. Maybe Sandia Golf Course with the mountains in the background. The botanical gardens??? Just throwing out ideas.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
_yb

1,135 posts, read 3,363,748 times
Try El Zcalo in Bernalillo. Seems like it meets your needs. Check the photo page out.
good luck.

El Zocalo | The Meeting Place in Bernalillo for Business, Weddings and Parties

Old 08-02-2009, 10:16 PM

750 posts, read 1,928,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningstreak View Post
We are looking for a unique venue for the occasion. We want a venue that has a distinctive southwestern flair, looks good on the outside and inside, and is affordable. Does anyone have suggestions?
Care to define "affordable"? Needed capacity?

Chap

Old 08-03-2009, 06:04 AM

1,756 posts, read 2,389,703 times
Unless you're specifically tied to ABQ.... El Ranchos De Los Golondrinas in Santa Fe is pretty awesome and they rent the site out as well.

www.golondrinas.org/

Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM

246 posts, read 369,377 times
Lightbulb A Few Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningstreak View Post
Hi:

We are planning on getting married either in the late summer or fall of 2010. We live in the DC area, but will get married in the Albuquerque area, because I grew up there.
We are looking for a unique venue for the occasion. We want a venue that has a distinctive southwestern flair, looks good on the outside and inside, and is affordable. Does anyone have suggestions? We are not really looking for a church because it will be a Hindu ceremony.
Thanks!!

Hi. I would highly recommend Casa Rodena Winery in Los Ranchos. It's a beautiful setting, has lots of parking, and they do lots of weddings. Oh, and the wine's not bad either.

Welcome to Casa Rondena - Award Winning New Mexico Wine

There's also the Los Poblanos Inn, which I hear is very nice. This is probably one of the top spots in the Albuquerque area.

Los Poblanos Inn (Albuquerque bed and breakfast, New Mexico Hotel, Albuquerque NM Lodging)

El Pinto looks to have some great wedding facilities as well. The place is really large, the food is good, and you have a very nice setting as well.

World Famous Salsa & Green Chile Sauce - El Pinto

http://www.elpinto.com/restaurant/me...ption_menu.pdf

Somebody also recommended Hotel de Albuquerque. That is also pretty nice and a good option.

Maybe Old Town Plaza, the Botanical Gardens, The Zoo, the Sandia Peak, Country Club (old town, 4 hills), St. Claire Winery... those come to mind, but I am not too sure if there is anything that they do for weddings.

Here's the website for some wedding ideas at the ABQ Ceremonial Rose Garden at the Botanical Gardens:

Weddings and Birthday Parties - Albuquerque Biological Park - City of Albuquerque

And more suggestive websites:

Albuquerque, NM Weddings – Albuquerque Wedding Planning – Albuquerque Wedding Vendors

Albuquerque Weddings - Albuquerque Wedding Directory for Albuquerque Brides | 1WeddingSource.com

And of course, there's always Santa Fe, Taos, and the rest of beautiful New Mexico to consider, if you'd like of course.

Good luck with the wedding and God bless.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 14,127 times
Thank you! We will definitely look at the sites you recommended. We will probably have about 100-125 people at the ceremony and do not want to spend more than 4K on the site (of course we know that food will be extra).

Old 08-06-2009, 11:45 AM

140 posts, read 256,385 times
I don't know about the affordability part or whether it will seat all your guests, but when I visited the Botanical Gardens last summer I noticed that had a very beautiful outdoor area that looked like it was set up for such things. I wouldn't choose Albuquerque as a place to get married (looking for a beach wedding if I ever get married myself), but if I did, the Botanical Gardens would be absolutely perfect!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM

910 posts, read 1,187,786 times
Not sure if this would be a large enough facility, but it's very charming:
Madeleine's Place, Event Center, Corrales, New Mexico

My DH and I were married at the Windmill Ranch which was a bed & breakfast along the Rio Grande River. It's no longer there, but Madeleine's Place is very similar. We had many people say that our wedding was the best one they'd ever been to due to the unique location.

You might also look into renting the Old San Ysidro Church in Corrales.
Corrales Historical Society ~ The Old Church

ETA: Did you, your parents or siblings graduate from UNM? If so, you could also use the UNM Alumni Chapel:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/misterviddy/159497349/in/photostream/ (broken link)
http://www.unmalumni.com/chapel/index.htm#eligibility (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque