Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,146,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If you smoke pot, you might as well just live on the street because you aren't getting hired.
Or run for public office. I seriously think we'd lose half of them if all our elected officials, judges, etc., had to undergo random drug testing to keep their jobs.

The question we need to ask ourselves is, why don't we random drug test people with the power to make us submit to drug tests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 02:48 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,984,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
You can't get good Methamphetamine in Albuquerque.
So, yeah, I'd say there is a meth problem here.

If you want the good stuff, go to Phoenix.

so true, I been there done that with PHX, most of ABQ meth is brought in from PHX and Mexico.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:10 PM

439 posts, read 1,218,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
so true, I been there done that with PHX, most of ABQ meth is brought in from PHX and Mexico.
But according to a show I watch, the best meth in the country is made right here in the Country Club by a chemistry teacher...

Old 09-09-2009, 04:40 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,730,142 times
In plain sight doesn't count.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:14 PM

522 posts, read 1,604,818 times
I used to do meth and it's true, the meth in ALB sucks! I used to have it mailed to me from San Diego. Thank god that's behind me now. It's really a horrible drug. but if you work in an er, you will come into contact with meth. No better or worse than anywhere else as far as that goes. It's not like the meth capital of the country or anything. Another thing to consider is the altitude. Makes the effect of the stuff even worse - in fact, makes the effect of almost ALL drugs, including alcohol even worse.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 PM

4,552 posts, read 14,984,767 times
I would say meth is more of a problem in the smaller towns in New Mexico than with ABQ, its more of a rural drug and the same goes for the rest of the country.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,236,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Or run for public office. I seriously think we'd lose half of them if all our elected officials, judges, etc., had to undergo random drug testing to keep their jobs.

The question we need to ask ourselves is, why don't we random drug test people with the power to make us submit to drug tests?

Ya got me, Zoid.
Ironically enough, my last position before we left TN was site admin. for an A&D facility. Obviously, I came in contact with more drug abusers and ways to get drugs than most people. Oddly, the company never required drug screens. I still popped them on my employees (and completed them myself) on a random basis for my own peace of mind, but the company didn't care enough to.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 AM

741 posts, read 2,915,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
In plain sight doesn't count.
I'm pretty sure v.c. was referencing "Breaking Bad". Both are entertaining shows nonetheless.

Chap

Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,730,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
I'm pretty sure v.c. was referencing "Breaking Bad". Both are entertaining shows nonetheless.

Chap
Yeah you are right I have my show titles mixed up - thanks for the correction.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
I think I met my first Meth addict a few weeks ago, worst waitress I've ever had. There are meth addicts, I'm sure it's a problem, but it's not going to change your quality of life in the city.
yep, there are too many meth labs and meth addicts around but to the OP, it certainly isn't any worse in ABQ

rybert, I think that waitress was our waitress here about a month or so ago. She must have moved to NM.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque