Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,697 times

Advertisements

I would like to comment on how bad some of the convenience stores are in Albuquerque. Many of them have probably never been inspected by the Health Department. I work on freezers at many of these stores and can tell you that many of them have rats , roaches , mice, and spoiled outdated food in the freezers. I would never buy a fountain drink at most of these stores because they often never change the syrup or clean the dispensers. The main offenders are the independent stores usually owned by foreigners. With flu season upon us and the filth in most of these places I would avoid them like the plague. The worst two I have seen are [mod] This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument. [/mod], and [mod] This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument. [/mod]. Please be careful of where you shop and stay healthy!!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Consumer complaints

Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisdakar
... rats , roaches , mice, and spoiled outdated food in the freezers. ...
How do you expect to build up any resistance without exposure to that stuff?

I try to down, at least, 1/2 of a cockroach on a weekly basis.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
Mortimer - are you also counting the bugs that crawl into your mouth while you sleep? Don't forget their contributions!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol
Mortimer - are you also counting the bugs that crawl into your mouth while you sleep? Don't forget their contributions!
Wow! You are right!

Of course, the cockroaches always wake me up with their incessant
need to wave around their antennae.

I wake up, catch-em' and stick them in a class by the side of my
bed so I can have them with morning coffee.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:46 AM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,504 times
I remember when I went for the massive allergy testing back in TN. As the nurse was wiping off the irritants, she was telling me which ones were what and what she could tell about my reactions. She got to the part about "no reaction to cockroaches, you have a nice resistance" .... um, thanks? Wonder where the heck I GOT the great resistance? I feel all yucky now- I need to go shower. lol

Old 09-13-2009, 11:46 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Don't go to convenience stores.

ABQConvict

Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinRoseRanch View Post
...she got to the part about "no reaction to cockroaches, you have a nice resistance" .... um, thanks?
Ha ha, same for my wife. Her doctor had told her she was allergic to everything except cockroaches, and something else which I can't remember. Ironically, she's terrified of cockroaches [which makes for great pranks].

Wonder what would be a good name for a coffee & cockroach place? Cup O' Cockroach? Common Grounds & Palmettos?

Old 09-14-2009, 08:08 AM

81 posts, read 181,452 times
FYI

The city of Albuquerque Health Department is charged with manditory inspections of all restaurants, stores, or food vendors at least twice per year.

I personally do not believe Parisdaker's statments that this is actually a problem.
The City would long ago have shut down such places for non-compliance of the health code
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: