U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who gets your vote for Mayor of Albuquerque
Richard Romero 5 18.52%
Martin Chavez (I) 7 25.93%
Richard Berry 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM

750 posts, read 1,863,460 times
Default 2009 Albuquerque Mayoral Election: Romero, Chavez or Berry?

Less than a week to go until Election Day, and the Mayor's race looks to be a tight one. If you reside locally, you've seen/head the radio and TV ads and been bombarded with mailers and phone calls.

So... who gets your vote? Or, for you former residents/soon-to-be Albuquerqueans, who would you vote for if you could?

Chap
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM

3,058 posts, read 7,790,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
Or, for you former residents/soon-to-be Albuquerqueans, who would you vote for if you could?[/font]
It would be Berry for me! However, obviously I cannot vote this go-round.

(Actually, by the time my plane hits the Sunport next week, we probably should just be getting in the election results, outside of a razor-close margin)...

While I would vote for Berry, personally, I predict that Berry and Chavez will go to runoff and that ultimately Chavez will again be re-elected.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:39 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,880,912 times
My thoughts and prediction precisely EnjoyEP

Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM

246 posts, read 355,716 times
Thumbs up I Concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
It would be Berry for me! However, obviously I cannot vote this go-round.

(Actually, by the time my plane hits the Sunport next week, we probably should just be getting in the election results, outside of a razor-close margin)...

While I would vote for Berry, personally, I predict that Berry and Chavez will go to runoff and that ultimately Chavez will again be re-elected.

EP, I totally agree... almost. I disagree that Chavez will be re-elected. I think the people of Albuquerque are tired of him. I know I am.

Personally, I think Berry will pull it off. He has the best ideas, is a Conservative, and is a fresh face. I will say that I know Richard Romero and he is truly a good guy. And if Romero wins, I think Burque will be in great shape and he would have my support as Mayor. But I support Berry for Mayor and hope he wins it.

Chavez needs to go. Hopefully to Hell, but anywhere else but here would be good too - jail, prison, another state, another planet, etc.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:54 PM

750 posts, read 1,863,460 times
I too will be voting for Berry. I'm also thinking that the only way he can ultimately win is by squeaking by the required 40% in next week's election. Otherwise, its 4 more years of Marty...

Chap

Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM

60 posts, read 90,204 times
Anyone but Marty.

In the newspaper he said he felt like he was just getting up to speed.

Sorry Chumley, but if it takes you 3 terms to get up to speed, I don't want you.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:15 PM

3,460 posts, read 3,168,515 times
Berry? Hahah you think he is crazy now.. just look back at the legislature sessions.. wow, people seriously. Think.
A republican running Albuquerque lets call back Domenici instead hahahaha..

Look what Mayor Marty has done for this city.. It was trash, litterally trash.. I'm not trying to be be rude.. but alot can agree he has done wonders for this city.

12 years of real leadership.. 4th term, he will win most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billygoat the Kid View Post
Chavez needs to go. Hopefully to Hell, but anywhere else but here would be good too - jail, prison, another state, another planet, etc
Some people don't realize what they post.. nahhh he doesn't but maybe you should huh?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 PM

4,584 posts, read 9,104,808 times
my vote is going to Berry, its time for a fresh face and ideas

Old 10-01-2009, 01:53 AM

5 posts, read 5,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I will also be voting for Berry. It's time for mayor Smarty to go.

I have been reading City-Data for the past two years, but this is my first post on here!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 AM

3,460 posts, read 3,168,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Voting for a Republican just trying to get Marty out and Richard never in is not going to help Albuquerque, At all.. People think..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque