U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:00 PM

48 posts, read 63,396 times
Unhappy Rio Rancho child possible H1N1 victim

Rio Rancho child possible H1N1 victim | KRQE News 13 New Mexico

My prayers go out to her family...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,173,048 times
Very sad. We just got a phone call from the school department informing us.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:44 PM

114 posts, read 136,236 times
Unfortunately, it's going to happen - kids pass on this and it is that time of the year. Dang. I thoughts and prayers to them.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 PM

2,249 posts, read 762,737 times
H1N1 so far has killed less than the 'regular' flu does in a whole year, and most of those are in Mexico, plus they have a cure for it now.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,142,825 times
There is no cure for the H1N1, just treatment and preventive vaccines (the H1N1 and the pneumonia vax, esp the pneumonia vax - pneumonia is what is making people really sick when they have the flu).

Our area has had some mild cases (now and back in the spring). The only good thing to come out of this is that people are taking handwashing and other preventive measures like staying home when sick seriously now when in years past they ignored the advice and got sick and passed stuff around.

My condolences to the family. I cannot imagine losing a child. How terribly sad.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM

114 posts, read 136,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
There is no cure for the H1N1, just treatment and preventive vaccines (the H1N1 and the pneumonia vax)
Sound advice - it seems that the ones who are passing it are the kids - look at the past media reports. Teach your kids to cover their mouth when coughing, sneezing and when someone else does that.

Edit to add: We're fortunate in that it hasn't really hit us, NM, that bad - it seems to have hit all of the other states worse - maybe it's because we eat so much green chile - LOL - not to demean the situation.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM

48 posts, read 63,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Dude View Post
H1N1 so far has killed less than the 'regular' flu does in a whole year, and most of those are in Mexico, plus they have a cure for it now.
I totally agree that this has killed less than the regular flu! I only posted it so others knew. It's not even a confirmed case.

There is no cure for it.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM

909 posts, read 1,164,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM Appraiser View Post
Sound advice - it seems that the ones who are passing it are the kids - look at the past media reports. Teach your kids to cover their mouth when coughing, sneezing and when someone else does that.

Edit to add: We're fortunate in that it hasn't really hit us, NM, that bad - it seems to have hit all of the other states worse - maybe it's because we eat so much green chile - LOL - not to demean the situation.
I was talking with a group of friends last night and we were saying the same thing about the chile keeping H1N1 at bay in NM. Other neighboring states have it much worse than NM. That might be worth studying.

I feel terrible for the family who lost the 5 year old to H1N1. That is so sad!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:08 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I was talking with a group of friends last night and we were saying the same thing about the chile keeping H1N1 at bay in NM. Other neighboring states have it much worse than NM. That might be worth studying.
One never knows. It was interesting to discover the role a substance (the name escapes me now) in cranberry juice has in keeping viruses from adhering to red blood cells. If the humble cranberry is so powerful, who is to say hot peppers don't have something special going on that we just don't know about yet?

Oh, here is the abstract about the cranberry research. Its my morning juice of choice these days - I like it so I might as well give it a shot - even if it doesn't do what they think it does, its yummy.

ScienceDirect - Antiviral Research : Cranberry juice constituents affect influenza virus adhesion and infectivity

Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,173,048 times
Went to the balloon launch at my grandson's school this a.m. Judging by the size of the crowd, not many are overly concerned about H1N1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque