Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 AM

17 posts, read 44,682 times

Advertisements

Lets hope they stay....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 09:51 PM

32 posts, read 125,805 times
I can tell you that Fidelity definitely has longterm plans to stay in Albuquerque. They are moving a LOT of operations from expensive Massachusetts here to ABQ and the facility they are building in Mesa Del Sol.

(I just moved here from MA for Fidelity.)

Old 08-05-2008, 12:59 PM

147 posts, read 390,484 times
do you get to participte in the profit sharing plan and health retiremnet plan?? Unlike the poor suckers from ABQ,

Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 PM

309 posts, read 1,025,760 times
Wow, I'm hoping I can move to ABQ. The only IT job on that particular list is a Systems Analyst? When I graduate in December with my B.S in Information iTechnology, I was hoping to find a good entry level job (though I have 3 years of part-time experience with my focus area), but other threads hint that IT jobs are scarce there and was hoping when I clicked on the link they would have a few.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 AM

9 posts, read 31,507 times
Smile Jobs in abq??

I was just wondering what the job market is like in ABQ? My husband works in imaging, graphics, IT work and freelances as an audio engineer. I work with children and freelance write. Also, what are some law firms out there? My husband currently works at a major law firm here in NY doing IT work for them. We'd really like to move there but are concerned about job prospects. We have both been to ABQ but YEARS ago and loved it, so we'd like some feedback. We'd also like to know which areas of ABQ are the best areas to live in. We are both in our 30's and looking for an area that is close enough to the city but not quiet, clean, safe.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,217,092 times
I assume you mean "but is quiet, clean, safe."

Old 05-08-2009, 05:21 PM

9 posts, read 31,507 times
Yes....i meant but IS quiet, safe and clean...LOL. I had a brain fart.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 AM

27 posts, read 70,586 times
Default Albuquerque Jobs

Hi,

I've read articles from a couple different business publications that ABQ's economy is doing really well compared to the rest of the country and the future forecast is strong. I'm currently unemployed after a lay-off and am looking to relocate preferably in the west. However, a number of the ABQ posts complain about the lack of decent employment and the low pay. I'm willing to take a pay cut (sun tax) to live somewhere nice (I don't have kids), but I do need to be employed with benefits eventually (I'm an editor/writer, so freelance is always an option, but not for the long haul). I'm also open to a career change at this point.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
The reality is we are in trouble here in NM. The rest of this year is bleak and from what I know the gov and private sector monies will be very soft for all of next year. Many people are looking for work and dependent on UI extensions to survive. Many people are being added to the unemployment roles on a weekly basis.
State and local governments have not been impacted by layoffs much yet but there day is coming quick. Layoffs are inevitable.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:47 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,749,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
State and local governments have not been impacted by layoffs much yet but their day is coming quick. Layoffs are inevitable.
I agree.

New Mexico did not have a "boom" economy so was not as badly hit by the loss
of easily shed, "surplus economy" jobs, the first to go. Now that serious budget
cuts, private and public, are becoming increasingly inevitable, the job situation
will only become worse as cuts will come closer to the bone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque