Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,303 times

Advertisements

Im 20 years old and Im not a "loser" I have lots of friends and have always got along with just about anyone. But the older I get the less I want to be associated with any types of drugs. Its just a trashy thing to do IN MY OPINION. And doing anything that can affect in your body in a negative manner is a selfish thing to do. People say its my body I can do what I want, but have these people ever considered that if you eventually die or get extremely sick in the long run from drug uses (or even cigarettes) thats just putting that much more stress on your family and friends. Knowing you could live longer to be with those who you love should be your top priorities in life. Just knowing you could live 5 years longer if you stopped smoking or quit and other drug thats hard on your heart/body, just to see your kids or grandkids should make anyone think twice about what they do to there body. And this is all my opinion, Im not arguing with anyone...

And Im not ignorant about drugs saying only trashy people do them and no successful people do. Thats very untrue, my neighbor about 2 blocks away owns a 7-series BMW and a $700,000 home and smokes weed and does coke. I just don't think its worth doing, I'm sure 95% of people have at least tried it when there young and thats fine, and its fine for those who use it for medical purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,449,960 times
Jayely, you sound like a wise young woman. In my twenties I worked in an office of about 300 people and many of us thought it was very cool to smoke ( cigarettes )
Most of us wised up and had quit by the time we were in our early thirties. Some of the women I worked with kept smoking. One died last year from lung cancer and another now has cancer of the lungs and brain ( prognosis not good )

Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
How many commercials have you all seen on tv where the 'legal prescription' drugs are being dropped from the market because people are dying or getting sick?
Do some research and find out how 'illegal' drugs such as pot, cocaine, heroin were used in the earlier centuries for cures.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:48 AM

741 posts, read 2,922,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well there is just a problem of the distribution marijuana threw out New Mexico. Basically we can't fix that...
Wait... now they're throwing out perfectly good marijuana? Dammit!

BTW: I say legalize it all. Regulate it. Tax it. Use the money from the "War On Drugs" for something more productive. Like a monorail from Farmington to Clovis.

Chap

Old 10-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
How many commercials have you all seen on tv where the 'legal prescription' drugs are being dropped from the market because people are dying or getting sick?
Do some research and find out how 'illegal' drugs such as pot, cocaine, heroin were used in the earlier centuries for cures.
Those drugs are made to help people and just had certain flaws.... So you think pot/cocaine/heroin are not bad for your body because they were used for cures in earlier centuries?? You my friends are very ignorant. People also thought that if you were sick to cut wounds in your body to get all the "bad blood" out of your system.The weed back in the 70's is known to be 90% less potent then the weed today. So even if cocaine/heroin/pot was used for positive influences on the body, it was in very small doses. So Im not exactly sure how that has to do with people abusing these drugs today? Who do you know that does cocaine for a "cure".

Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,350 times
Cocaine -local anesthetic, vasoconstrictor.

Heroin, and other opiates, are painkillers and are prescribed as such in some countries.

LSD also has medical uses -- psychiatric applications or to treat chronic headaches.

I think it is legitimate to scrutinize prescription pharmaceuticals because we all know that industry always has our best interests at heart. Need some longer eyelashes, ladies?

Last edited by lalahartma; 10-27-2009 at 01:31 PM..

Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
And doing anything that can affect in your body in a negative manner is a selfish thing to do.
So I'm selfish because I'm having egg salad for lunch and enchiladas for dinner? I promise to jog it off. Of course with Albuquerque having one of the highest pedestrian death rates in the country, jogging is probably selfish since getting hit by a car could affect my body in a negative manner.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
The weed back in the 70's is known to be 90% less potent then the weed today.
Care to back up that statement with some scientific evidence?

And if it were true (which it is not) then smoking pot would be even safer since the harmful effects of marijuana are from the inhalation of burning plant material, not the amount of psychoactive ingredient. If it were 90% more potent, people would smoke only 10% of what they used to in order to achieve the same effect.

ABQConvict

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM

That was the whole point I saw it on a recent study on TV, kids today are smoking so much more weed then people were 30 years ago. Oh and here you go.
Debunking the myths about marijuana: Experts share the facts about today's stronger pot

And for the statements you made about jogging and what you eat, being obese is selfish as well. Everyone eats unhealthy once in awhile, thats normal. You can get killed doing anything in the world, my point is you have a MUCH MUCH greater chance of dying from drugs then getting hit by a car..Overall point (for people like you that really just don't understand) if you die from getting hit by a car from jogging how would your kids, grandkids, family feel?? How would your kids, grandkids and family feel if you die from something your doing that you know has a negative affect on your body, but your just not willing to stop?? If you don't see the justice in that I feel very sorry for you.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM

147 posts, read 390,551 times
Just walk around Santa Fe smell it in the air every time I'm there.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 PM

I thought Santa Fe attracted the older people?? Im sure its just like here..Most kids have tried it or still do it..Then they get caught by the cops then they have to pay thousands of dollars in fines/lawyers..Just stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque