Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Those drugs are made to help people and just had certain flaws.... So you think pot/cocaine/heroin are not bad for your body because they were used for cures in earlier centuries?? You my friends are very ignorant. People also thought that if you were sick to cut wounds in your body to get all the "bad blood" out of your system.The weed back in the 70's is known to be 90% less potent then the weed today. So even if cocaine/heroin/pot was used for positive influences on the body, it was in very small doses. So Im not exactly sure how that has to do with people abusing these drugs today? Who do you know that does cocaine for a "cure".
I don't know anyone that does cocaine for a cure. I don't know anyone at the moment that does cocaine at all.
I'd say it would be a good cure for PMS symptoms though.
Why do you say some drugs are made to 'help' people but because you're told by certain people that drugs such as the illegal ones are for losers and the other ones are okay because they help people? Someone is feeding you a line of BS. You need to stop listening to what others are telling you and do what you want to do. Because the FDA approves a drug doesn't make it okay to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,350 times
Quote:
I thought Santa Fe attracted the older people?? Im sure its just like here..Most kids have tried it or still do it..Then they get caught by the cops then they have to pay thousands of dollars in fines/lawyers..Just stupid
Yup, lots of older, rich folks do it, too!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,303 times
Quote:
I don't know anyone that does cocaine for a cure. I don't know anyone at the moment that does cocaine at all.
I'd say it would be a good cure for PMS symptoms though.
Why do you say some drugs are made to 'help' people but because you're told by certain people that drugs such as the illegal ones are for losers and the other ones are okay because they help people? Someone is feeding you a line of BS. You need to stop listening to what others are telling you and do what you want to do. Because the FDA approves a drug doesn't make it okay to take.
Im saying those drugs on tv that were just found out that they harmed people are not intended to..It's not like the people taking them are aware of the flaws in the drug. So I don't see how that is relevant at all?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Yup, lots of older, rich folks do it, too!
My parents plan on going up there often, Im sure they wont be smoking any ganja though

Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Here is a photo of a bud off a Cannabis Indica/Sativa hybrid.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Why would you post that?

Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,468,350 times
Here are some drunk driving stats:

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 41,059 people died in traffic crashes in 2007 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 12,998 people who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Drunk driving fatalities accounted for 32% of all traffic deaths last year, that is, on average someone is killed in an alcohol-impaired driving crash every 40 minutes in the U.S. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2008)

Drunk Driving Research & Statistics

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

• Heart disease: 631,636
  • Cancer: 559,888
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 137,119
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 124,583
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 121,599
Causes of accidental deaths:
--Motor vehicle traffic deaths: 43,664
--Unintentional poisoning deaths: 27,531 this would be those drug, prescription and otherwise, alcohol and other accidental poisonings
--Unintentional fall deaths: 20,823

FASTSTATS - Leading Causes of Death
FASTSTATS - Accidents or Unintentional Injuries

Old 10-27-2009, 05:13 PM

823 posts, read 3,688,748 times
Has anyone here ever heard of medicinal marijuana? Pot eases the pain and disease symptoms for millions of people. Many of the drugs today that are made from chemicals are based on natural plants. There are probably more people hooked on pharmecutical drugs then there are pot smokers.

How many of you that think of marijuana users use alchohol? I would rather be with mellowed out pot smokers then mean, angry drunks.

As for older people smoking, I am 70 and have been smoking weed for 35 years. I have always had trouble sleeping so every night when I get in bed I take 3 or 4 hits and it relaxes me.

If you chose not to smoke that's your perogative just as smoking is mine.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,077 times
Quote:
my point is you have a MUCH MUCH greater chance of dying from drugs then getting hit by a car..
I don't think you can overdoes and die from marijuana use. You can of course overdose and die from every other drug including legal prescription drugs.

I have no problem with anyone smoking in their own home but I do not really like to have the smell of it on me because people consider it acceptable to smoke at informal/formal gatherings or at their workplace.

There is so much money wasted annually trying enforce the growing and sales of something which in all reality causes no harm and has such a calming effect even on those who become aggressive under the influence of alcohol. We'd be much better off taxing the hell out of it putting those extra taxes and police hours to good use.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Has anyone here ever heard of medicinal marijuana? Pot eases the pain and disease symptoms for millions of people. Many of the drugs today that are made from chemicals are based on natural plants. There are probably more people hooked on pharmecutical drugs then there are pot smokers.

How many of you that think of marijuana users use alchohol? I would rather be with mellowed out pot smokers then mean, angry drunks.

As for older people smoking, I am 70 and have been smoking weed for 35 years. I have always had trouble sleeping so every night when I get in bed I take 3 or 4 hits and it relaxes me.

If you chose not to smoke that's your perogative just as smoking is mine.
I don't see a problem with that..

Quote:
I don't think you can overdoes and die from marijuana use. You can of course overdose and die from every other drug including legal prescription drugs.

I have no problem with anyone smoking in their own home but I do not really like to have the smell of it on me because people consider it acceptable to smoke at informal/formal gatherings or at their workplace.

There is so much money wasted annually trying enforce the growing and sales of something which in all reality causes no harm and has such a calming effect even on those who become aggressive under the influence of alcohol. We'd be much better off taxing the hell out of it putting those extra taxes and police hours to good use.
Again, missing my point...Not explaining it again, and everyone is entitled to there opinion so I will let you and everyone else believe how they wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque