U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 PM

28 posts, read 49,626 times
its generally not pot-heads youd want to worry about living/being near. Ever heard of anyone getting stoned, then deciding to rob or hurt somebody? me neither.

If i were you, i would worry about the meth and crack heads in town.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 PM

10 posts, read 30,980 times
exactly!! Worry about the crazy meth and crackheads that live here and break into your cars.There are worse drugs then Marijuana. Marijuana happens to be a natural plant that grows from the earth that is sometimes used to treat cancer patients aka medical marijuana. Look up some more info on weed! It's not a bad thing, perhaps it would help you relax and not be so uptight.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM

458 posts, read 602,633 times
I've done it...not for me, and it makes you EXTREMELY paranoid, its known for that so I have no idea how people say it calms them..Not me, or anyone I know that does it...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 PM

731 posts, read 1,012,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
I've done it...not for me, and it makes you EXTREMELY paranoid, its known for that so I have no idea how people say it calms them..Not me, or anyone I know that does it...
So, it sounds like you're stoned right now!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 PM

458 posts, read 602,633 times
nope

Old 10-29-2009, 05:33 AM

60 posts, read 92,196 times
Quote:
Your not smoking the right stuff. There are a least a dozen and probably hundreds of varieties of cannabis and they have different effects on you.
Don't misinterpret my remark to be an encouragement for you to try it, just sayin'.
Recently on cable there was a show on the bbc channel called "should I smoke dope", where a British journalist goes to Amsterdam for a month. Hilarious show.

The way I see it, weed is far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco so why not legalize it? In my youth, I smoked and I also engaged in activities that required very high coordination skills and it had practically no effect on my performance so when I see people comparing alcohol and cannabis, I get a chuckle.

Moderator cut: Off Topic, Inappropriate, Slurs, Trolling

My hopes are that the individual states will have the right to do as they see fit.

I'm not sure how many people saw that Mexico has decriminalized possession of small amounts?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 10-29-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM

2,151 posts, read 3,505,292 times
Interesting trivia: the term "marijuana" is actually Mexican slang for cannabis, and was originally used to demonize the herb, as noted above. A less judgmental, more scientific/accurate term to use is cannabis.

Last edited by lalahartma; 10-29-2009 at 11:15 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM

6,042 posts, read 6,325,808 times
Quote:
it makes you EXTREMELY paranoid, its known for that
The only time I've ever heard that weed makes a person paranoid it was said by a really burned out meth user ! The word "paranoid" is often misused. Example; a bunch of stoners are horking a hooter in an alley and one will say "too many cops around here, I'm getting paranoid" when they really mean that they are getting nervous about getting caught.
Paranoia is a serious mental illness and marijuana has never been proved to have caused it in anyone that I've ever heard of.
Here are two more pictures of some very large greenery.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM

5,553 posts, read 9,043,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict
... [stronger pot - 70's vs. 90's] ...
Care to back up that statement with some scientific evidence?

And if it were true (which it is not) ....
I have anecdotal proof which is compelling:

When I was in high school in 1977, I remember, (but
didn't participate) that it took a few joints to get high.

When I was in Holland in 2006, lots of cow-orkers, took
advantage of the relaxed rules to smoke pot there.

It only took them a couple of tokes and they could put
out the bowl/joint and enjoy their buzz.

Since I can't stand the smoke, I tried a brownie.
I didn't like it in the 70's and still don't find it as
good as beer/wine/scotch/tequila/et.al.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:32 AM

823 posts, read 2,428,201 times
In all the years I was around pot smokers I only saw one person have a paranoid reaction and that was my ex-wife. Before she ever smoked she thought everyone that did were junkies, adulterers, etc. She took about two hits on a joint and she flipped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque