U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:15 PM

6,057 posts, read 6,227,670 times
For me, rolled or flat does not matter.

Despite my status as an unrepentant carnivore, no meat... ever. Only cheese and onions will do.

Red, always red.

I won't say what I think is best since tastes are subjective and I can't claim to have had the offering of more than a dozen or so restaurants but the one's I eat most (and much of this has to do with proximity to my house) are Los Cuates (Lomas), El Patio, The Frontier (lackluster but good red), and Sadies.

ABQConvict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 PM

905 posts, read 1,103,187 times
A good enchilada requires good chile. I highly prefer red chile on my enchiladas. The best ones I've ever had are at Los Cuates on Lomas. I always ask for extra red on mine as that is a necessity.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 PM

493 posts, read 1,162,230 times
at my mom's house in S.E. part of town, but none of you are invited.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 AM

3,696 posts, read 6,072,491 times
ok.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 PM

138 posts, read 181,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxart View Post
Ummm....so what's everyone's idea of the "perfect enchilada?"

Mine are stacked and baked flat - not rolled - with or without meat between the tortillas, plenty of melted cheese, onions and ALWAYS topped by two fried "over easy" eggs. Also a must is an excess of red sauce added to the pile after baking, not unlike adding syrup to a stack of pancakes.

Where would one find these? Or would I have to make at home?

Last edited by LLIABQ; 11-13-2009 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-14-2009, 05:41 PM

6,057 posts, read 6,227,670 times
That's how El Patio makes 'em.

ABQConvict

Old 10-09-2010, 10:16 PM

6 posts, read 4,349 times
Default Best Enchiladas... Cocina azul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
Remember the film from the 60's called Endless Summer, where some surfers were looking for the perfect wave?

I'm not a surfer, but I like to eat New Mexican and Mexican food. My favorite dish is enchiladas.

After living in the Abq area for 5 years, I've found two restaurants that serve great enchiladas: Charlie's Back Door and Richard's Mexican Restaurant.

I'd appreciate any other suggestions, since my repertoire is so small.

Thanks.
Try Cocina azul at 12th and Mountain!
The creamy blue corn enchiladas are the best in New Mexico!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
A good enchilada requires good chile. I highly prefer red chile on my enchiladas. The best ones I've ever had are at Los Cuates on Lomas. I always ask for extra red on mine as that is a necessity.
Try Cocina Azul on 12th Street and mountain Road! The Best red Chile Bar None!!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLIABQ View Post
Where would one find these? Or would I have to make at home?

Cocina Azul is the place.... great everything New Mexican Food!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
For me, rolled or flat does not matter.

Despite my status as an unrepentant carnivore, no meat... ever. Only cheese and onions will do.

Red, always red.

I won't say what I think is best since tastes are subjective and I can't claim to have had the offering of more than a dozen or so restaurants but the one's I eat most (and much of this has to do with proximity to my house) are Los Cuates (Lomas), El Patio, The Frontier (lackluster but good red), and Sadies.

ABQConvict
Try Cocina Azul! 12th Street and Mountain Road!! Awesome Posole!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque