Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 4,554 times

Advertisements

I am up for a transfer to ABQ from Hawaii, and I will be renting when I get there, and would prefer a house some where in the 1000 to 1400 a month range, so I would like to know the best local representative for house rentals, and location generally not more than 20 minute commute to the airport area. I am also looking to purchase a home after I am there in the 200 to 250k range. What neighborhoods would you suggest, I prefer the traditional pitched roof as opposed the the flat roof. I am single male mid 40's looking for a place to golf, hunt, and any Harley riding areas you can suggest would be nice. Thanks for any help you may provide.....Also, lol sorry just have to add this, looking for the best mom and pop style breakfast place....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,261 times
What you described can be found in 60-70% of Albuquerque. I think we need to narrow down your focus. What is most important to you wrt to a neighborhood?

Also there are a ton of mom and pop good breakfast places. Barela's, Hannah and Nates, K&I Diner, Frontier just to name a few.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM

4 posts, read 4,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
What you described can be found in 60-70% of Albuquerque. I think we need to narrow down your focus. What is most important to you wrt to a neighborhood?

Also there are a ton of mom and pop good breakfast places. Barela's, Hannah and Nates, K&I Diner, Frontier just to name a few.

Looking for house location that isn't necessarily at the top of the mountain, but would like to be in an elevated location, I like to see the city at night and would prefer to not have my neighbor looking in my backyard, I tend to no wear much in the warm weather...

Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,261 times
The Four Hills area might be of interest. Easy drive to the Airport about 20-25 minutes, Elevated location, some areas have good size lots, easy access to I-40 and up to the canyon for drives up to Santa Fe and south on your Harley. Lots of motorcycle riders ride up through Hwy 14 and spend time at the Mine Shaft Tavern in Madrid on the weekends.

The Mine Shaft Tavern

Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,324 times
Check out Executive Hills within Four Hills, they have good views. You should also look in the Foothills south area, you can have night views across the city from there too. We rented a house there for around sub $1k with back porch views over the city a few year ago. The distance to the airport will be about the same as Four Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque