U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 PM

138 posts, read 198,949 times

Advertisements

Dang it! Found this info somewhere and lost it. Does anyone have the contact info for the person at Saint Felix that is organizing the annual Thanksgiving Dinner for the needy that is hosted at the McDonald's in Rio Rancho? I suppose if I have to I could just run over to the food pantry but was wondering if anyone had this info and/or is going to be helping with this.

Thank you!!!

Leslie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 03:34 AM

Smile Volunteer Opportunities for Thanksgiving Week

Saint Felix puts on a Thanksgiving Dinner from 10:20 to 2pm on T'day at the McDonald's in Rio Rancho in the Smith's parking lot on the corner of 528 and Southern Blvd. Don't know there number off the top of my head but you can either go over to their food pantry or call between the hours of 9-12 weekdays. United Way has their info. The Dinner they put on is especially for folks that are alone here in ABQ, but I'm sure they wouldn't turn away anyone needy.

Joy Junction has THREE. On this coming Monday at their facility at 6pm, one on the day before (25th?) held at the ABQ Convention Center that will server around 1500. It's goes from 11am to 2am, and a third on Thanksgiving at Joy Junction from 2 to 6 on Thanksgiving Day.

Anyway if anyone is interested, apologies I don't have the number for St. Felix but United Way does. And for the Joy Junction opps, here is a good link

Joy Junction Holiday Feasts for the Homeless - Joy Junction - pitchengine.com

God Bless and everyone have a great Thankgiving

Leslie

Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 PM

244 posts, read 300,920 times
Can regular people come here to eat? I am craving a good meal on that day. How can they tell who is homeless and who is not?

Old 11-22-2009, 02:23 PM

10 posts, read 32,253 times
Default volunteering

Hi my husband and I are interested in volunteering on Thanksgiving day (we both have off!) somewhere in Albuquerque. Any information would be great!

Also, "Fat Whale", if you honestly don't have the funds to provide a dinner for yourself, that is exactly what places like this are for! Homeless or not, I'm sure you would be welcomed with opened arms.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM

244 posts, read 300,920 times
thanks, i honestly don't have the funds myself. i have a six figure debt due to school, so any free food is great food to me.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwhale View Post
Can regular people come here to eat? I am craving a good meal on that day. How can they tell who is homeless and who is not?
fatwhale:

As natt mentioned, all these places welcome anyone with open arms

Old 11-25-2009, 01:46 AM

Smile Volunteer opps on Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthebat View Post
Hi my husband and I are interested in volunteering on Thanksgiving day (we both have off!) somewhere in Albuquerque. Any information would be great!

Also, "Fat Whale", if you honestly don't have the funds to provide a dinner for yourself, that is exactly what places like this are for! Homeless or not, I'm sure you would be welcomed with opened arms.
Hey Nat:

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier..The only one. I would check out the one that Joy Junction is sponsoring on Thanksgiving day (see link or go to joyjunction.org). When I called some time ago it sounded like they already had enough volunteers but I seriously doubt they would turn you away if you wanted to help

Same with the St. Felix Thanksgiving Day dinner at the McDonald's in Rio Rancho, but again wouldn't hurt to ask. Only number I have is for St. Felix pantry if you get this by tomorrow. It's 891-8075.

I'm really glad to see so many people volunteering, especially when so many people are going through such hard times..

Oh fatwhale, forgot to mention but the one at McDonald's was started for people who are alone and have no family here. You would be welcome there as well

Leslie

Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,848 times
Default re: dinner @ macdonalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwhale View Post
i read a good article in the rio rancho newspaper yesterday about the nuns who put this dinner on and it specifically said it's not just for the homeless or needy... but also for people who find themselves alone over the holiday. isn't that wonderful!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 AM

17,638 posts, read 19,027,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLIABQ View Post
Dang it! Found this info somewhere and lost it. Does anyone have the contact info for the person at Saint Felix that is organizing the annual Thanksgiving Dinner for the needy that is hosted at the McDonald's in Rio Rancho? I suppose if I have to I could just run over to the food pantry but was wondering if anyone had this info and/or is going to be helping with this.

Thank you!!!

Leslie
ABQJournal Online » St. Felix Celebrates 20 Years
St. Felix Celebrates 20 Years
By Elaine D. Briseño / Journal Staff Writer on Fri, Oct 5, 2012

Food bank information St. Felix Pantry is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon, but it will close on Mondays starting Nov. 5 to save on utility costs, Esquibel said.
Clothing and food donations are accepted during normal operating hours.
To volunteer or provide additional assistance, call 994-1857.

ABQJournal Online » Rio Rancho News in Brief
Pantry Hosts Thanksgiving Meal

St. Felix Pantry is hosting its annual Thanksgiving day dinner at McDonald’s Restaurant, 2109 Southern Blvd. SE in Rio Rancho.

The dinner is free and open to everyone regardless of income. No reservations are required. They will start serving the meal at 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. The owner of the restaurant, which will be closed, has offered use of the space for several years now. The dinner will feature turkey with all the traditional trimmings.

Also a list of other places needing help: Let Us Give Thanks

Rich
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque