Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 AM

132 posts, read 345,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaparral View Post
Looks like the West ABQ site is re-opening on December 8th.

Lines should start forming soon...

Chap
Uh oh, Krispy Kreme donuts are such a weakness for me. I try to stay away from sugar, but just the smell of Krispy Kreme..When I lived in Kansas City they were all over the place, usually next to the Denny's. This is dangerous as I live literally within walking distance of this location

I wouldn't be surprised if the lines were longer than Black Friday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 AM

Smile Donuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo View Post
I was just coming here to post the same thing! I heard a rumor a couple of weeks ago, but couldn't find anything to back it up. Now I know the rumor is true.

It's only a little over a mile from my house. That might be a bad thing.
It's within walking distance from me..VERY bad thing

Old 11-25-2009, 02:13 AM

Post Krispy Kreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Eww, hydrogenated oil, anyone?
Is that what they cook them in? Not the same thing as lard I hope?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
I'm probably the only Krispy Kreme addict in the world that prefers the glazed ones cold...

The chocolate or coconut frosted cake doughnuts are right up there with the glazed.
I always like the Kruellers (sp?) You know the ones that look like tractor wheels?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:36 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,439,722 times
Saturated fat but no trans fat. No animal products except eggs and dairy.

Nutritional Information

http://www.krispykreme.com/doughnuts.pdf

Old 11-26-2009, 09:58 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,900,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLIABQ View Post
Is that what they cook them in? Not the same thing as lard I hope?
Trust me, you would much rather have it fried in lard than something with Transfat. This is why they say butter is actually better for you than margerine, and lard is better for you than crisco. If the ingredients list shows hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oil, put it down.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Saturated fat but no trans fat. No animal products except eggs and dairy.

Nutritional Information

http://www.krispykreme.com/doughnuts.pdf
Thank you

I better not look at the calories

Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,867,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
This makes me incredibly happy. I've been here a year and have been in absolute despair of ever having a good donut again. What's up that Albuquerque has no good donut shops? Cupcakes galore (don't get me started. . .), but no great donuts.

Krispy Kreme is a start, but seriously, someone open a donut shop!
No love for DD?

Having lived in Boston in the past, I became a DD addict. A hot coffee and a chocolate frosted. MMM

When I lived in the south, I had to learn to substitute KK glazed donuts from the Winn-Dixie (no KK in our city). 8 seconds in the microwave. I've never had a fresh one still warm.

What I need to do is buy a fryer and make them at home.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM

1,938 posts, read 4,731,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
When I lived in the south, I had to learn to substitute KK glazed donuts from the Winn-Dixie (no KK in our city). 8 seconds in the microwave. I've never had a fresh one still warm.
"Grills-with.."

Many year ago there was a culinary institution in Charlottesville across the street
from the lawn called "The University Diner"; the UD.

One of UD's specialties was the "Grills-with"; a glazed donut heated on the grill and
then served with a big glop on vanilla ice cream on top. A perennial 3am favorite..

Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 AM

332 posts, read 1,115,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
No love for DD?

Having lived in Boston in the past, I became a DD addict. A hot coffee and a chocolate frosted. MMM

What I need to do is buy a fryer and make them at home.

Lisdol, I lived in Boston for a time as well, and was a total DD addict, too. Breakfast sandwich followed up by a double chocolate was my thing.

I haven't tried EVERY DD in Albuquerque, but the ones I've had have been seriously disappointing. Old fryer oil? Altitude? I don't know, but I've found them nearly inedible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque