U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,263,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Dunkin Donuts is alright, but they are always out of most donuts when I go and they dont taste very fresh, and when I get a box they dry up by the next day, Krispy Kreme donuts taste just as good the next day.
That was exactly the problem I had when I used to get Dunkin Donuts at the place near my house in Kansas. Very little selection, and many stale.

They went out of business there along with several other locations in our town. Krispy Kremes always tasted fresh.

We have a Dunkin donuts in Santa Fe, but I have never been to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:08 PM

1,972 posts, read 2,811,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
You can have my share of the KK donuts.
THANKS!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:39 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,302,619 times
You're welcome.
I don't need all those calories and grease anyway. My arteries are thanking me. LOL

Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 PM

910 posts, read 1,222,896 times
Hi hope it's okay to post this here. If not, the mods can delete it.

My daughter's non-profit skating club is selling Krispy Kreme cards for a fundraiser. Buy a dozen doughnuts, get a dozen glazed free. Each card has 10 punches on it, so you can do this 10 times. I think the cards are good for a year or to 18 months. I don't have the cards in hand yet, but if anyone wants one, send me a PM. They are $12.00 each. The card pays for itself after the 2nd "free" dozen.

ETA: Since the schools were on a delay, my son and husband went on opening day around 9:30am. They waited in line for about 15 minutes.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 PM

6,797 posts, read 7,030,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Krispy Kreme donuts taste just as good the next day.
That's the trans-fats. Trans-fats are brilliant in that they don't harden (or liquefy) at room temperature but maintain their creamy state.

They are also responsible for 30,000 premature deaths a year according to the FDA.

Even though KK recently went "trans-fat-free", they actually contain just under the minimum amount that requires them to report trans-fat levels. They don't have quite the shelf-life they used to, apparently.

Now let it be understood that KK are by no means the only food manufacturer that uses trans-fats. They are in the majority of processes sweets, pastries and breads and margarine. If your food doesn't go stale in a day or so, it has trans-fats.

ABQConvict

Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 PM

3,059 posts, read 6,263,583 times
Party pooper.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:07 PM

17,465 posts, read 18,548,610 times

One down, eleven more to go...

Rich

Old 12-13-2009, 01:12 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,337,228 times
That looks really yummy.

I don't understand - and have never been in a KK to ask (got mine from the Winn Dixie) - why do they put chocolate frosting on top of the glazed donuts for "chocolate frosted" instead of on plain raised donuts? Anyone know?

I love chocolate frosted but not the ones from KK b/c its just too much sugar - it ruins the chocolate for me.

Now, I am the person who scrapes frosting off of a birthday cake b/c its too much, so perhaps I am just a freak.

Is it just a "KK is out to overwhelm your taste buds" kind of thing? Or do most people find it really yummy?

Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 PM

17,465 posts, read 18,548,610 times
My wife usually just buys an assortment. I like just the "Regulars" which were not in the assortment. I also like the one filled with lemon creme.

But having gone a year or two without a KK, the assortment is good enough as a starter...

Rich

Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 PM

6,797 posts, read 7,030,280 times
I wasn't called a party pooper when I expounded on the dangers of crystal meth, another addictive, health compromising, white substance that metro area folks line up for!

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque