Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:05 PM

212 posts, read 538,699 times

Advertisements

Hey I was wondering if you can recommend any taxi companies here in the ABQ area? I know back in Ohio, some companies were better than others as far as timeliness and rates...

Also, if anyone could guesstimate... Say you lived in the NW side, cottonwood area... And you wanted to cab to Nob Hill? What do you think that cab ride would cost? $20? $30?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,215,780 times
We have taxis?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Haha, that is my question! I have the number for a "Checker Cab" company in my contacts... I guess taxi's are not common here?
How the heck are you supposed to avoid a DWI when you go out drinking?

Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,448,940 times
If we're going out, one of us drinks and the other doesn't. Of course, we aren't big drinkers.

There's something called Sober Navigators....Sober Navigators (ABQ) - Home

Old 06-28-2009, 09:08 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus2abq View Post
Also, if anyone could guesstimate... Say you lived in the NW side, cottonwood area... And you wanted to cab to Nob Hill? What do you think that cab ride would cost? $20? $30?
I've taken a cab from ABQ to Academy at San Mateo and it cost me $20.
I guess your estimate of $30 might be closer since any taxi would likely be dispatched from the airport, I would think.

If I was going from the NW side, depending on the time of day, I'd take the 790 Blue line to Yale and Central and then either walk to Nob Hill or take the #66 or 766 Red line to there. You'll have to walk to the Frontier to get the Red line, but it takes you to Nob hill in one stop.

Rt 790 Blue line - weekday

Rt 790 Blue line - Saturday

The last run for either schedule is about 8:30 pm.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
If we're going out, one of us drinks and the other doesn't. Of course, we aren't big drinkers.

There's something called Sober Navigators....Sober Navigators (ABQ) - Home

Hmm very cool site! I wonder though... they want you to "book your driver" for your night of bar hopping... sounds more like a limo service than a taxi... I can't imagine them being cheaper than a taxi, but I'm going to contact them to find out. thx.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:14 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
There are a wide variety of ground transportation services in Albuquerque. Here is the city of Albuquerque's web site and web page for ground transportation. There are two taxi companies listed. I took a cab in Albuquerque over 10 years ago, so my advice is outdated...

Ground Transportation - City of Albuquerque

also

Taxi - Albuquerque, New Mexico (http://www.thecityofalbuquerque.com/taxi/ - broken link)

Rich

Old 06-28-2009, 12:22 PM

6 posts, read 23,805 times
Please post what you find out. I'm in the same area & having the same problem! All I want to do is go out drinking & have fun responsibly & obviously there isn't much on the northwest side of town. Buses don't run late. Even with the new "Rapid After Dark" service it only takes you as far west as the West Park park & ride lot, which is like 10 minutes away, so what's the point when downtown is only about 5 minutes more of a drive?!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:00 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,076,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikalpixie21 View Post
... Buses don't run late. ... what's the point when downtown is only about 5 minutes more of a drive?!
It would sure be nice if that would get fixed. They don't have to run the busses all that often, just keep them running till 2 am or so. They could use small busses for the thin crowds.

If I was a person who craved the downtown nightlife, I would live downtown and commute via bus to my work elsewhere.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,302 times
You should check craigslist under rideshare , there was this ad there for albuquerque daytripper who would take you anywhere in Albuquerque for twenty dollars , one way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque