U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM

3,068 posts, read 5,366,376 times

Advertisements

I can breathe without any problems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 AM

9,016 posts, read 12,330,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
New Mexico - You can take a shower and dry off afterwards and continue to be dry.

Texas - Take a shower, dry off and within minutes, be wet again because of humidity.

New Mexico - Outdoor activities are enjoyable because of no humidity.

Texas - Outdoor activities are just not done because it's so humid, your clothes get all wet.
That was definitely true in the areas in which you lived (FBurg/San Antonio that I am aware of)--but not for West Texas and the Panhandle.

I can't think of any positives for high humidity at all, unless it's just better for your skin, but that is easily remedied. So are dry nasal passages and the like.

I have always just felt better with low humidity and higher elevations.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:56 AM

107 posts, read 157,424 times
The low humidity is a real blessing for those with rheumatoid or any arthritis problem, which I do have. It is not bad, but it is getting worse, however in the low humidity, it is not as bad or painful as it would be in more humid/damp areas. Same with fibromyalgia problems, which accompany RA. I had difficulty standing up for more than a half hour when living in Minneapolis, and now it is fine - I hike for several hours, walk for several hours, I do well here.

Yes, I agree, there are other benefits, too. The shower liner doesn't get moldy that often - not even for months at a time. Clothes dry faster. Dishes, too.

It can be tough when the sun goes down and then it gets really cold here since there is little moisture to trap the warmth. That is desert conditions, I realize. But, damp air is horrible on joints and the body, too.

I feel much better here - all around. It is very good to be back, and within my first week, I was on three hikes.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:37 PM

309 posts, read 347,617 times
Best part of low humidity? When you're the only ones on a aisle in Costco and you've been pushing the cart, you can reach over and zap your GF in the, uh... chest... and watch her scream. Especially if she's pierced.

-Z

Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 AM

3 posts, read 2,423 times
That's some great benefits plus with a sense of humor, love it. Are their any health benefits from low humidity?

Old 06-05-2011, 01:05 PM

3,068 posts, read 5,366,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REH2056 View Post
That's some great benefits plus with a sense of humor, love it. Are their any health benefits from low humidity?
Yes, humidity is one of my asthma triggers. I can breathe much much better here and my asthma is finally under control. A definite benefit in my opinion

Old 06-05-2011, 01:18 PM

44 posts, read 40,042 times
Low humidity is a blessing. I can't wait for the day I go back to NM.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:54 PM

7,080 posts, read 7,261,792 times
Low humidity is great in a place with 6 months of high temperatures.

It is nice to not break a sweat sitting on the couch.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,310,377 times
I love low humidity in the spring and summer. In the fall and winter, however, my skin gets real dry and I have to shell out a few pesos for skin moisturizer. It's a small price to pay for residing in the Land of Enchantment.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 13,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
Mold doesn't grow and dust mites can't survive.
Having always lived in mosquito-land USA - and dust mite central (SE Wi) - with dust mite allergies - --- - I LOVE this fact!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque