Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM

10 posts, read 60,218 times

Advertisements

Could someone give me some help, please, regarding Albuquerque's multiple animal permit option. I've tried three times to call the contact number on the city site, with only a busy signal resulting.
We're contemplating a move from the upper midwest with 10 dogs, mostly elderly. I need to know if getting a permit is pretty much just a matter of applying for it and paying the fee, or does it include something more than that...eg. inspection of the house and environs, etc. We haven't purchased a house, yet, and that would make a big difference.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 AM

2 posts, read 6,372 times
Try calling the City's fast response line 311. They should know.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:18 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,236 times
That may not work... they're out of state...

Old 02-14-2010, 08:20 AM

10 posts, read 60,218 times
Already did, AlbuquerqueTurque, but thanks anyway.

Thanks, rybert, now I know why that number didn't work for me. I'd tried it, both with and without the 311 prefix, before asking the forum for help.

Did find the actual ordinance via a link from that website, and an inspection is required, which is fine. I still don't have a feel, however, for how likely a permit is to be granted, i.e. what the general tenor of the mayor's office is toward granting multiple companion animal permits.
Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 PM

86 posts, read 292,357 times
Default How I got my Multiple Animal Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekenpom View Post
Could someone give me some help, please, regarding Albuquerque's multiple animal permit option. I've tried three times to call the contact number on the city site, with only a busy signal resulting.
We're contemplating a move from the upper midwest with 10 dogs, mostly elderly. I need to know if getting a permit is pretty much just a matter of applying for it and paying the fee, or does it include something more than that...eg. inspection of the house and environs, etc. We haven't purchased a house, yet, and that would make a big difference.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Hi Pekenpom!

I hope this helps:
when I wanted to get the MAP for my 6 felines and one little dog (September 2008), I was told they would not give it to me until the Animal Control Officer came to our place for an inspection. This was at the animal shelter on the Westside (which is where we live). So, I left all my contact info and she called me a few days after that. We set up an app., the ACO came and inspected our house. We had just moved so we had pretty much boxes and stuff that was unpacked sitting in the living room and everywhere in the house. She was very nice, she said she understood and just wanted to make sure we had enough space and a roof for all our pets, so to speak. After she saw our house and some of the kitty trees and kitty condos and stuff we had unpacked for our kitties to start feeling more at home, she said that everything looked perfect and gave me the authorization. After that, I mailed the payment for the MAP and the licensing, and I received my MAP in a few weeks. They inspect your house every year to make sure you still have the right setting, I guess, for multiple pets. So, she came back in October 2009 and I showed her the house again, I also showed her that we had someone come and raise the walls in our backyard for the kitties to go out -only when we are home, though- and be safe. I was fostering a kitty and I told her we would be adopting him shortly and that he would be our feline child #7 She added his info to the list with all my guys, so he could be in their system and told me that when I made the adoption official, to call her and let her know. After she looked at everything, she said we passed with flying colors! And that how it goes, she'll come back every year to inspect the house. They just want to make sure you have a decent place for your animals.
I hope you have a better idea now, on the process. If you have questions, please feel free to send me a private message. And good luck!
Angie

Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 AM

102 posts, read 289,590 times
We had to do this in LA with 4 dogs. They basically just want to make sure you're not a hoarder or a backyard breeder or otherwise, not a responsible pet owner. Of course, anyone telling them they have multiple animals are probably not the irresponsible ones so mostly, I think it's just to collect a little extra fee. Best of luck in your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque