U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Location: In the country southeast of Santa Fe, but only 20 minutes to the historic Plaza.
629 posts, read 860,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest liberal View Post
I have read it. How are the drug treatment resources for NM? Are the drugs bad due to the location of the state in the south and adjacent to Mexico?
A 2009 report by the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration shows that the states with the highest per capita drug use are: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Colorado, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island. Go figure..... I imagine this must include illegal use of alcohol by kids and marijuana by socialites, but still it calls into question our preconceived notions about "poor" states, or southern border states.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM

17,452 posts, read 18,525,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest liberal View Post
I have read it. How are the drug treatment resources for NM? Are the drugs bad due to the location of the state in the south and adjacent to Mexico?
My opinion, without explanation:
I think the drug treatment resources for the ABQ area are adequate, but for unknown reasons they just don't seem to be working. Do you count alcohol treatment resources in that group. We have a problem.

I do not think being adjacent to Mexico is a major problem.

We use to have the highest meth lab rate in NM, don't know our status now.

Espanola has a drug problem as already mentioned.
I read the paper daily, watch some local news, do some voluntary work and talk to some people... But there are those in a better position to actually observe the problems and issues.

Rich
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque