Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I didnt think someone could operate under two names on here, I think one account is all you get from the same computer and Im sure City Data knows this, unless she is on a work computer.
Catrina changed her ID, but her entire posting history is still there for our reading
enjoyment if you go to her profile..

Old 04-03-2010, 01:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I didnt think someone could operate under two names on here, I think one account is all you get from the same computer and Im sure City Data knows this, unless she is on a work computer.
they seem to find ways, we see it on a few other forums I am on. Usually the name change is so slight or the way things are phrased it is easy to recognize someone who is posting under 2 names..

Nita

Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 PM

390 posts, read 952,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Lemon and Lime, CatrinaC and whatever names you have, I thought you were leaving ABQ? I guess we need to take up a collection to get you back to Salt Lake City.

Its so wonderful to have a resident troll.
Lemon and Lime, here's a quarter. It's your attitude, not those around you.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:13 PM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,468 times
We offered a OW bus ticket back to SLC, but had no takers. Shame, really.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 AM

16 posts, read 28,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwjoyak View Post
Wow. What a mean spirited post. Although maybe that's unfair; it's more of just a very negative post.
And also incredibly inaccurate, from my experience here over the past year.

Quote:
which at its worst can even create serious illness in your body. Much better for a lot of reasons to be a positive, happy person.
I always knew you were a dirty hippy. Just don't start trying to cure anything with crystals, dad.

Quote:
I've always found that 80+% of folks treat you like they treat them. And after living in several places around the country, the folks I've encountered in Albuquerque are some of the nicest and friendliest anywhere.
Pretty much. People here can occasionally be frustratingly lackadaisical (though they're nothing compared to folks I've ran into in Houston and NC) but they're generally very nice. Course, I smile at them and chat them up.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:13 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
Wow I can't believe the responses to my post. My screen name change had to do with matters unrelated to citydata.com; what you might call a personal, private situation. I'm sure some of you will not be able to understand...
It's true I've written a lot of critical posts about Salt Lake City. Others have made the same comments and the things I've said are discussed on that board continually... it's not like I said anything that was my sole opinion. Interestingly, no one on the Salt Lake board ever called me a "loser", irregardless of what I had to say about the area.

I've gotten two reps on this post so someone does agree with what I'm saying. I've been back a little over a year and a half and it is clear to me that Albuquerque is a deeply dysfunctional, abusive area filled with mean spirited, damaged, hateful people. I feel sorry for you people I really do. You're stuck here in a town with a terrible economy, in an area that offers little and has nothing to be proud of. There is so much hate, racism and ageism it isn't even funny. Albuquerque is an incredibly dangerous, low class, ignorant, liberal, judgemental town. Anyone who has considered moving here really ought to think twice.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:20 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
I've gotten two reps on this post so someone does agree with what I'm saying. I've been back a little over a year and a half and it is clear to me that Albuquerque is a deeply dysfunctional, abusive area filled with mean spirited, damaged, hateful people.

Well, that begs the questions as to why you returned....and why you stay, if you hate it to this extent. Life is just too short.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 AM

372 posts, read 711,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Wow I can't believe the responses to my post. My screen name change had to do with matters unrelated to citydata.com; what you might call a personal, private situation. I'm sure some of you will not be able to understand...
It's true I've written a lot of critical posts about Salt Lake City. Others have made the same comments and the things I've said are discussed on that board continually... it's not like I said anything that was my sole opinion. Interestingly, no one on the Salt Lake board ever called me a "loser", irregardless of what I had to say about the area.

I've gotten two reps on this post so someone does agree with what I'm saying. I've been back a little over a year and a half and it is clear to me that Albuquerque is a deeply dysfunctional, abusive area filled with mean spirited, damaged, hateful people. I feel sorry for you people I really do. You're stuck here in a town with a terrible economy, in an area that offers little and has nothing to be proud of. There is so much hate, racism and ageism it isn't even funny. Albuquerque is an incredibly dangerous, low class, ignorant, liberal, judgemental town. Anyone who has considered moving here really ought to think twice.
I think that all you do is write "critical" posts. It seems that someone that is so unhappy with so many places is just an unhappy person and someone that should be pitied.

Mean spirited, hateful people? Sure, they are there. In fact, I am responding to one of those person's post at this moment.

Terrible economy? Actually, we have a great economy here. We may not be at the top always, but at least we fare better than many places in this country. Do you currently have a job or money to live on? If so, be grateful, some are not so lucky.

so much hate, racism, ageism that its not funny? This will happen for many years, but I don't think it is any worse here than anywhere else. And to imply that it can be funny is just scary, these things are never funny. Even if you meant that as a "saying", it is disturbing that you would think it would be okay to type it in. As far as low class and ignorance in Albuquerque, you seem to prove that there is evidence of that here, and you do so with your posts.

Is Albuquerque liberal? We are more so than most of the state, but I think that you could also find a great many conservative people living in the city and nearby. Last, but certainly not least; I find it sad and ironic that you would judge this city that you obviously do not know well by calling us "judgemental." I, and everyone that calls Albuquerque home, have much to be proud of; and I for one, would be even more proud if we could wash our hands of you.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:18 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Albuquerque is an incredibly dangerous, low class, ignorant, liberal, judgemental town.

Hahahah! It sounds so funny to have 'liberal' thrown in there like that's so nasty!

Maybe you should try Colorado Springs.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:48 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,088 times
No California is low class and ignorant and judgemental. Stupid Californians, And wow did you just say Colorado Springs? that even worse. If you don't have money... you will be the joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque