Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,395,303 times

Advertisements

Daughter getting married and I need to supply the booze for the venue. Looks like 170 people all adults. Here's what I have on the list:

Vodka Tito's
Gin Boodles
Scotch Johnny Walker Black
Rye VO or Canadian Club
Bourbon Jack Daniels
Rum Bacardi
White Wine Chard and Pino
Red Wine Merlot and Cab
Beer Bud, Coors Light and a Lager

Thoughts? Additions and/or deletions? Most important how much of each? By the way it is a "drinking crowd".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,865,111 times
Looks like you're being very generous!You've got both vodka and gin, a Canadian whiskey and an American whiskey, AND scotch. If I was going to add anything, I'd suggest maybe a dark rum, spiced (Captain) or not.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,309,536 times
How old will the guests be? In my opinion your mix skews to an older crowd. Friends of the parents, more than friends of the kids... if they are kids.

A younger crowd will go more for the white spirits than the brown. Tequila, for instance. Coconut rum. Spiced rum.

Beer, maybe add Blue Moon.

And Jack Daniels is a good choice, but (pet peeve) it is not a bourbon.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,209,577 times
Coors and Bud are already lagers so I'd suggest maybe either a wheat beer or something slightly darker like a Newcastle Brown Ale or something to mix it up.

You've got a pretty decent line up for a wedding.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,551,530 times
Vodka-Costco's Kirkland Label or similar
Whiskey- Jack or Crown
Rum-Bacardi
Gin- Costco's Kirkland or Beefeater
Beer- Coors Light or Bud light not both, Sam Adams Pale Ale.
Wine- One white and one red
Obviously champagne for the toast. A California sparkling white wine is a good choice.

No need to have multiple variations for each type.

I'd figure two-four drinks per adult for a wedding reception depending on how out of control you's want it to get.

1 Drink=
12oz beer
6oz wine
2oz spirits

Old 01-31-2013, 04:30 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,309,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Agreed, but you still left out the tequila.

Quote:
I'd figure two-four drinks per adult for a wedding reception depending on how out of control you's want it to get.

1 Drink=
12oz beer
6oz wine
2oz spirits
Not quite how i would figure it.

1 drink = equivalent alcohol servings
Beer? 12 oz. bottles
Wine? 5 oz servings, 5 per bottle.
Spirits? 1.5 oz., 17 per 750 ml bottle. A 2 oz shot has 1/3 more alcohol than a standard drink.

Of course you will need to overbuy if you are furnishing the booze yourself, since you can't predict the ordering mix, but if you are having this catered, be sure you only have to pay for opened bottles. And depending on local laws, see if you can take home the leftovers.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,209,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Vodka-Costco's Kirkland Label or similar
Whiskey- Jack or Crown
Rum-Bacardi
Gin- Costco's Kirkland or Beefeater
Beer- Coors Light or Bud light not both, Sam Adams Pale Ale.
Wine- One white and one red
Obviously champagne for the toast. A California sparkling white wine is a good choice.

1 Drink=
12oz beer
6oz wine
2oz spirits
I think he meant either Boston Lager or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,729,804 times
Dang that's a lot of hooch. Our wedding we had a keg of Killians, and a pony of Blue Moon, and we still had leftovers, but than again her side was all Baptist.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,837,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Daughter getting married and I need to supply the booze for the venue. Looks like 170 people all adults. Here's what I have on the list:

Vodka Tito's
Gin Boodles
Scotch Johnny Walker Black
Rye VO or Canadian Club
Bourbon Jack Daniels
Rum Bacardi
White Wine Chard and Pino
Red Wine Merlot and Cab
Beer Bud, Coors Light and a Lager

Thoughts? Additions and/or deletions? Most important how much of each? By the way it is a "drinking crowd".
"Drinking crowd" means that they like to get drunk or that they like to enjoy a drink? I would add sweet and dry vermouth and some bitters if you think there are any martini or old fashioned drinkers in the crowd. Old man drinks are big with hipsters.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,592,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Daughter getting married and I need to supply the booze for the venue.
Looks like 170 people all adults. Here's what I have on the list:
By the way it is a "drinking crowd".
You are proposing to be far more generous than most would be. Far more.

I'd offer a LOT of wine coordinated with the dinner menu and (some) champagne for toasts.
Nothing else. Especially not with a "drinking crowd".

YMMV

Cash bars are tacky... but if you choose a venue that has a bar and it's open that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages