Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am a teetotaller and yes I do go to bars and pubs. I do get a bit frustrated with the lack of non alcoholic drinks but things are getting a lot better with "virgin" cocktails, lots of different fruit juices, smoothies, iced coffees and teas and I love water ( still and sparkling) too. I have never liked alcohol and I hate what it does to some people but I love the atmosphere of bars and pubs. It's even better now in the UK since they have banned smoking in public places too...
I'm the same way too, Mooseketeer. I still love the bar and pub scene. That's the only thing that is fun here in this part of Arizona I live in (Prescott), where there aren't any kids around. So, I think I'll try the Shirley Temple and also just Diet Coke or something like.

What are the names of some "virgin" cocktails??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 PM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Alcohol get in my system real fast,maybe because I am short? I usually drink half a margarita,or mix it with a soft drink

Old 07-18-2007, 09:57 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
The Bar Scene...Oh yeah, those were the daze...Have not been a 'real' bar in many years due to the smoke. Allergies, got the best of me BUT, I have been in places where micro beers are served and have really enjoyed the sampling of such. Most beverages that I like when I did quit my 'serious' drinking have been the diet variety. Esp. w/ice. The colder the better. Tall frosted mug or glass, always. Drinking orange juice or other juices for a few hours or so, is not for me. Way too many calories and then just boring.

So, frosted mug of diet soda for me.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I'm the same way too, Mooseketeer. I still love the bar and pub scene. That's the only thing that is fun here in this part of Arizona I live in (Prescott), where there aren't any kids around. So, I think I'll try the Shirley Temple and also just Diet Coke or something like.

What are the names of some "virgin" cocktails??
I think all the different bars have their own different "virgin" ones but they also all seem to do "virgin" versions of Pina Colada, "virgin" daiquiri etc... They sometimes call them "mocktails".

Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Alcohol get in my system real fast,maybe because I am short? I usually drink half a margarita,or mix it with a soft drink
I think it affects people by weight, not height.

I don't drink alcohol (never have) and am rarely in bars (I like to call them "saloons," sounds more old west). The few times I have been in one with some friends, I just order a soft drink.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 AM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I think it affects people by weight, not height.

I don't drink alcohol (never have) and am rarely in bars (I like to call them "saloons," sounds more old west). The few times I have been in one with some friends, I just order a soft drink.
What do you mean? too skinny or overweight?

Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,776,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I quit drinking about 18 days ago and I haven't went out since. But I'm thinking of going out again sometime next weekend. I still love to go out, but I don't want to drink anymore.

I'm just wondering if any of you know of some people that go out without drinking alcohol?? And what kind of non-alcoholic beverage is good to drink when going out?? Just curious...Thanks...
MY SO drinks diet soda most of the time if we go out. If I don't drink alchohol a good one is club soda w/ a splash of cranberry and a piece of lime.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,196 times
I don't drink..can't stand the taste of the alcohol. Although I want to get into drinking wine, but that will take some time.

I'm all about fruity drinks anyway, without the alcohol. If it's a dance club, I think it's better to drink water anyway.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:11 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
My friend drinks O'Douls non alcoholic when I go out with him to the bars.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,371,426 times
I ask for chocolate milk in a beer stein when I go out.... if they look at me funny, I'll ask for a shirley temple instead then ...if they don't have either, then I have to ask.. what kind of a place did I go to! honestly!

Maybe if I ever stop having to be the one driving everywhere when we go out - I might start drinking a little harder.

Life's too short not to remember what you did last night.
Besides... do you know how much money you can make off of people by offering to drive them home? They're drunk as a skunk! Stop for gas at least 6 times on the way back... get your money's worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages