U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 04:55 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,680,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I have a hard time believing you've never seen a Svedka ad; maybe you didn't notice or remember. But believe me, they're every bit as slick and "trendy" as the other "trendy" brands, especially their inane "fembot" campaign.
I guess they don't advertise on Morning Joe, A&E or during Pirates games, as that's about the only live TV I watch. I looked at a couple of vids. Seems their ads are targeted to 20 year olds.

The one good thing about social media is that it's easier to find people who like what you like and see what else they like, instead of having mass media tell you what you're supposed to like.

For vodka, there are plenty of review sites out there (almost all of which rate Sobieski very highly).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,801,860 times
Grey Goose is the most overhyped, overpriced nonsense in the building. Especially when everybody wants "Goose and Grapefruit!" I worked a wedding once at a small restaurant and there was a tent set up waterside to handle the larger than normal crowd. Two thirds of the drinks were for "Goose" and something and the supply ran out very quickly but there was plenty of Georgi around and people drank it all night with nary a complaint.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:17 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,680,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Grey Goose is the most overhyped, overpriced nonsense in the building. Especially when everybody wants "Goose and Grapefruit!" I worked a wedding once at a small restaurant and there was a tent set up waterside to handle the larger than normal crowd. Two thirds of the drinks were for "Goose" and something and the supply ran out very quickly but there was plenty of Georgi around and people drank it all night with nary a complaint.
To be fair, I've found that it's rare to hear people complain about free booze. Even if it's well booze.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:01 PM

13,903 posts, read 19,076,418 times
Ketel One

Old 07-04-2014, 10:18 AM

13,102 posts, read 17,666,184 times
The one my neighbor serves

Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 AM

9,014 posts, read 8,277,859 times
Lmao...my neighbor (who was also my landlord- from Poland)
ALWAYS had some really strong vodka on hand...
He brought it over regularly...
I never looked at the label, though, couldn't tell what the brand was.
OMG- it was the strongest vodka I've ever had in my life- it's Polish vodka.
Good, but way too strong

Old 02-10-2015, 06:34 PM

17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
I prefer Either Grey Goose or Kettle one but if I have to settle I will have Absolute or Sky.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:50 AM

1 posts, read 616 times
I prefer a smooth vodka and grey goose is my fav but the price is . I get instant headaches from some "cheap" brands like sky, even absolut. I'm looking for a recommendation for a less expensive, not necessarily "cheap" vodka that won't cause me the instant headache. I have tried tito's and it's very good.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 AM

3,649 posts, read 2,456,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twick4 View Post
I prefer a smooth vodka and grey goose is my fav but the price is . I get instant headaches from some "cheap" brands like sky, even absolut. I'm looking for a recommendation for a less expensive, not necessarily "cheap" vodka that won't cause me the instant headache. I have tried tito's and it's very good.
Tito's is my choice. I'm more a beer drinker, but when I go vodka, Tito's is what I go with.

Old 02-29-2016, 04:02 PM

12,984 posts, read 15,322,633 times
I don't know about taste because they all taste the same to me. But I bought a 1.75 liter bottle of Grey Goose at Christmas time. It's a tall glass bottle and I just love the bottle!

And how do you pronounce "Ketel?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages