U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:32 PM

65 posts, read 91,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This place in Plainfield NJ seems to have a decent selection of beers from just about everywhere....

Not sure if they are an actual store or just an online place.

Oak Tree Discount Wine and Spirits Complete Inventory List (http://www.oaktreewines.com/InventorySearchBeer.aspx - broken link)

This place is awesome - South Plainfield actually. I will be stopping there on my way home from work today to stock up for the weekend. Probably spend a half hour or so browsing the wine and beer selections. It's incredible the different beers they stock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 PM

19,350 posts, read 7,563,499 times
I had a couple of Victory Yakima Glory Ale's with lunch.....VERY good beer!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 PM

5,210 posts, read 5,180,319 times
I'm not much of a beer person but I like to have a Corona every now and again when it's hot outside.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:00 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,697,014 times
Kinda hard to recommend a certain beer over another on the basis of health. They're all made from the same basic ingredients: water, yeast, grains. As long as you stay out of the high end category (all those nice craft brew bottles for $10+), you'll probably stay below your limit of 6.5 abv without even trying.

I think it's be fun to just experiment with different styles in your quest to drink 1 or 2 a day.

Stay away from the light beers. It's not worth the taste sacrifice for the lower calories.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 PM

3,041 posts, read 3,975,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
Stay away from the light beers. It's not worth the taste sacrifice for the lower calories.
I so agree.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:34 AM

38,755 posts, read 39,267,653 times
I'm inclined to say stick to one a day. Depending on your body weight and metabolism, two might be over the line. Consider a routine of one a day, and then you're free to add another one if socially called for. The fact that you want two, suggests that you have a desire for them beyond the medical benefit, and you're at risk of regularly going over.

And I agree with the advice to stay away from lite. Drink the best beer that you truly like, at least get the pleasure with your medicine.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM

9,091 posts, read 6,743,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post

Oh this is so true..

My bf is all into those Michelob 55's so the calorie count won't mess with his training/exercise routine, n I'm all like damn come on, let me buy you to some good beer already!

I would rather not drink that day than drink that!

Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 PM

662 posts, read 651,264 times
Any European full bodied beer is good for me.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 PM

3,084 posts, read 1,756,061 times
Fat Tire has become my daily beer. It's not the best but I find it both affordable and drinkable.

If cost weren't an issue I'd rotate through a variety of offerings by Rogue, Stone, and Lagunitas.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,033,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I had a couple of Victory Yakima Glory Ale's with lunch.....VERY good beer!
Love that beer but at 8.5%ish ABV, probably not what the OP was looking for.

Depending on taste, there are many options. English milds tend to be lower in alcohol, but high in flavor. I don't know nutrition info, though. Moderation is key.

You don't have to drink the lowest common denominator beer and give up taste and flavor. American macro lagers are mostly brewed with corn and/or rice. Obviously they have to also contain malted barley by law. Don't buy into "frost brewed" or "triple hops brewed" nonsense.

Of course, if you like that garbage, be my guest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages