Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 PM

114 posts, read 509,042 times

Advertisements

http://www.austin360.com/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bottlecapsandwingnuts/lonestar.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 PM

114 posts, read 509,042 times

Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,792,526 times
Vermont - Harpoon IPA, Long Trail, Otter Creek and Magic Hat are mighty tasty beers.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:20 AM

420 posts, read 2,194,796 times
Haha, what's with the bourbon post?? It reminded me of that George Thorogood song, 1 bourbon, 1 scotch, and 1 beer.

Anyways, I've tried a lot of beer, but my favorite has to be Miller Lite. Guess I'm just a light beer kinda guy. I can't stand Guiness and it's almost syruppy texture, and I don't do Sam Adams very well either.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 PM

7,646 posts, read 18,044,573 times
Keystone Light

(Just kidding)

Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 PM

255 posts, read 819,614 times
When in KY, try the BBC Nut Brown Ale. I was pleasantly surprised to find some good brews there, including a Red: Welcome To Bluegrass Brewing Co. (http://www.bluegrassbrew.com/beers.htm - broken link). Saw some cool cicadas there, too, but that's a different thread...

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM

417 posts, read 1,277,686 times
Default Hale's Cream Ale

Hale's Cream Ale - a blonde ale with smooth texture - with nitrogen carbonation
you can only find it on tap

They have a pub - Hale's Pub

Hale's microbrewery is in the Ballard/Fremont district of Seattle, WA

Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvanessa View Post
Hale's Cream Ale - a blonde ale with smooth texture - with nitrogen carbonation
you can only find it on tap

They have a pub - Hale's Pub

Hale's microbrewery is in the Ballard/Fremont district of Seattle, WA
I've never heard of nitogen carbonation, is there any great benefit to it?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,705,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I've never heard of nitogen carbonation, is there any great benefit to it?
Technically, "nitrogen carbonation" is an oxymoron. It's either carbonated or nitrogenated. Nitrogen offers a much smoother, creamier texture. Whenever you order Guinness on tap, it's drawn by nitrogen, not carbon gas. Same with Murphy's or Beamish on tap. A few other English ales are the same way, notably Boddington's. Caffrey's used to be that way, but I believe they stopped selling Caffrey's in the U.S. Guinness cans are also nitrogenated, as are Wexford cans, and I believe Tetley's cans as well. I think the Guinness bottles that use the "draught" recipe are also nitrogenated, but the standard tan-label "Guinness Extra Stout" is carbonated.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 PM

68,271 posts, read 53,999,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Technically, "nitrogen carbonation" is an oxymoron. It's either carbonated or nitrogenated. Nitrogen offers a much smoother, creamier texture. Whenever you order Guinness on tap, it's drawn by nitrogen, not carbon gas. Same with Murphy's or Beamish on tap. A few other English ales are the same way, notably Boddington's. Caffrey's used to be that way, but I believe they stopped selling Caffrey's in the U.S. Guinness cans are also nitrogenated, as are Wexford cans, and I believe Tetley's cans as well. I think the Guinness bottles that use the "draught" recipe are also nitrogenated, but the standard tan-label "Guinness Extra Stout" is carbonated.

Isn't the gas used with tap beer merely a propellant, does it really becme incorporated in the beer? I've had Guinness on tap that was yummy, wasn't all that thrilled when I tried the draft cans though, prefer the small bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages