U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 AM

2,755 posts, read 5,312,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystiquewriter View Post
When I drink beer I often get Yuengling. If I'm in the mood for it, sometimes I get Blue Moon, too.
Yeungling is a great all around beer. I also want to try Schell's from Minnesota, but it's very hard to come by in the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,596,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Just tried Red Hook Longhammer IPA a few weeks ago and I'm sold!
You should try Victory Hop Devil or Hop Wallop. They're a PA brewery and make fantastic beers!!

P.S. My first ever Yuengling was in York, PA. Love that stuff!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM

3,064 posts, read 5,579,405 times
Anything brewed by Lagunitas.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:14 PM

16,394 posts, read 13,069,355 times
Oh, thank you that I don't ever have to hang out with these people....

A cold Busch or Coors L. will be fine, thanks.......................LOL!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:17 PM

6,482 posts, read 6,187,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

It's all a matter of individual taste. I'll drink a 'silver bullet' if there's nothing tastier around, but they don't call it Rocky Mountain Fish p!$$ for nothing. It's cold and wet and that's about it.

Last edited by Cavaturaccioli; 08-05-2011 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 02:25 PM

1,637 posts, read 3,596,166 times
Quote:

Who is the beer snob now? lol. The OP asked for recommendations so that is what we did. Drink what you like. If you're stuck in your ways and not wanting to try flavorful beer, that is your perogative and no one is holding a gun to your head. But when you want to open your mind a bit, this thread has some good suggestions.

I don't get all these people who will eat at fine dining restaurants and/or buy expensive, vintage, rare wines commenting on every nuance of flavor etc...but who are perfectly contempt with mass produced flavorless swill brewed with adjuncts. Marketing brainwashed!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,059,495 times
Quote:
Given the girlpiss you consider "beer"... the feeling's mutual.

The OP asked for recommendations based on his current tastes. We provided them. So what's your issue?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:10 PM

4,786 posts, read 3,352,637 times
Just about anything from Stone Brewery but their Arrogant Bastard is one of my favorites although at $15.00 a six pack it's pricey. It's brewed in the San Diego area.

I also like Paulaner Salvatore from Germany but am a little disappointed that they reduced the bottle size down to 11 ounces and raised their prices.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,059,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Just about anything from Stone Brewery but their Arrogant Bastard is one of my favorites although at $15.00 a six pack it's pricey. It's brewed in the San Diego area.

I also like Paulaner Salvatore from Germany but am a little disappointed that they reduced the bottle size down to 11 ounces and raised their prices.
Are you sure they reduced their bottle size? It's pretty common for European imports to come in 11.2-oz bottles, which equates to one of the standard serving sizes in Europe for beer (330ml).

Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 PM

1,967 posts, read 834,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Stone Brews are very good!!! I haven't had an Arrogant Bastard for awhile. Every time I see their six pack at the beer store I want to get all of them.

I honestly don't feel that the term 'Beer snob' is justified. Just because someone like a richer tasting beer over another doesn't make them snobbish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages