Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,884,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Basic would be Johnny Walker Black, Absolute vodka, Maker's Mark Bourbon, any tequila, Bombay gin, sweet vermouth, dry vermouth. Beer and wine, and probably a bottle of Bloody Mary mix and a bottle of Marguerita Mix.
REALLY?? You'd spring for the Johnny Walker, the Absolute, and the Maker's Mark, and then ANY tequila??? Seriously??? I'd drink rail vodka or whiskey any day, but NOT cheap tequila!! As my daughter once said as she staggered out of her room at noon one weekend "Jose Cuervo is NOT a friend of mine."

Last edited by mrs.cool; 11-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM

41,938 posts, read 75,137,295 times
I must have: red and white wine, variety of beer, top-shelf bourbon, rum, and gin.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Liquor: decent Scotch (not top of the line)
Vodka
Gin
Rum
middle of the road Bourbon (like Jim Beam)
at least 2 or 3 liquiors for after dinner
Mixers for Martinis and Bloody Mary's
Usually decent beer (during the summer)

Wine rack: always a variety of reds (3 or 4 kinds) and the same with whites, but the reds are what we and our friends drink more frequently.

We found a great Melbac while in Canada last month. They carry it here, at our local wine shop so I have 3 bottles on hand and will probably buy several more for the holidays.

Nita

Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,892,718 times
We don't drink hard liquor very often, but we always have cases of beer, and several bottles of red and white wine available when entertaining.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
REALLY?? You'd spring for the Johnny Walker, the Absolute, and the Maker's Mark, and then ANY tequila??? Seriously??? I'd drink rail vodka or whiskey any day, but NOT cheap tequila!! As my daughter once said as she staggered out of her room at noon one weekend "Jose Cuervo is NOT a friend of mine."
Very true! If you are not going to buy good tequila, don't bother to buy any at all. I suppose that applies to all liquor. But, especially sipping whiskey, and tequila.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:33 AM

2,613 posts, read 3,143,986 times
We rarely drink any more & don't host as many family gatherings as we used to, so we have mostly let our cabinet run dry.

If we restock, we will have gin, tonic water, soda, bourbon, Crown Royal, amaretto & sherry. For table wines, a chardonnay, burgundy & white zinfandel. I used to keep a bottle of Frascati and Orvietto in the fridge but haven't seen either of them in a long time. They may still be out there somewhere.

Amaretto is my favorite drink overall. Pleasant tasting, strong enough without being over powering, good cold or room temp, straight up or mixed. I used to put a bottle in the freezer a few hours before family card games. We all loved that.

These, with a 12 pack of Miller or Corona beer, cover most any desires our family or friends may have.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,763,721 times
A bottle of Yago Sangria and a small bottle of cheap brandy to properly spike it.
A gallon jug of Bacardi, for pina coladas.
1-2 bottles of Ciocolatti (I can't spell it) chocolate liqueur.
A few small cans of store-brand crushed pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice and a couple cans Coco Lopez coconut cream for the pina coladas.

That'll hold me over for a year. I'm not much of a drinker.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:13 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,336,849 times
We are not big drinkers and don't seem to entertain as much anymore, but we usually have the following on hand: Jack Daniels and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (I use these a lot to marinate), Rum Jumbie, MaDouDou, Guavaberry Rum Liqueur, Courvoisier, Baileys, and a selection of whites, reds, and blushes. If something special is going on, then Vivre Clicquot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages