U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,623,667 times

Advertisements

200 proof laboratory ethanol. We used it to clean gold contacts on electronic boards, and would, on occasion, construct some cocktails with it. Mine was usually piña coladas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,508,051 times
Other than good ol' Carolina corn liquor, Everclear

Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 PM

816 posts, read 1,671,722 times
Mine was couple weeks ago when I drank triple shots of scotch then 15 minutes later, drank triple shots of Saunza tequila then 15 minutes later again, drank another triple shots of Saunza tequila. I was tipsy until 30 minutes later at my friend's house (I didn't drive), it hit me like never before because I ate lasagna between them at some bar. I was gone by 11 because I haven't drank in several months. I'm 150 lbs. with 10% body fat by the way. I felt really guilty that night.

Couple months ago, I had 15 jello shots of Everclear. It was bad but nowhere near top 5 worse.

I got more stories tell y'all.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 AM

12,971 posts, read 23,504,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Mine was couple weeks ago when I drank triple shots of scotch then 15 minutes later, drank triple shots of Saunza tequila then 15 minutes later again, drank another triple shots of Saunza tequila.
Hey, Tiger, better slow that action down. The topic is the hardest drink you've had, not how much alcohol you've had and still survived.

A blood alcohol calculator shows that drinking that much alcohol in that short a time would give you a Blood Alcohol Content of .231, roughly 3X the level of being legally drunk in Texas. Even if you aren't driving, being that drunk makes you stupid and dangerous to yourself and others. You could die from choking on your own vomit. What's the point? Why would you do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Couple months ago, I had 15 jello shots of Everclear. It was bad but nowhere near top 5 worse.
Now you're definitely talking about putting yourself in danger. A BAC of .35 is essentially a state like surgical anasthesia. And if you hit .45 BAC you'll only have about a 50% chance of living.

I'm no Goody Two Shoes... I definitely enjoy adult beverages myself... but extreme binge drinking is really no fun for anybody, and especially not for people who have to deal with people who get that drunk. Drinking is not meant to be an extreme endurance contest.

There are many online BAC calculators to show you how much you can drink and still stay within safe and sane (and legal) limits. Here's one... Blood Alcohol Calculator Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself

Old 07-22-2012, 02:24 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,638,159 times
Jack Daniels and Jose Cuervo.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:03 AM

2,050 posts, read 1,227,971 times
Home made rhubarb wine at a Hutterite colony where we went to buy melons and squash! WWWHHHOOOEEE!

Old 07-22-2012, 03:40 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,793,174 times
I've had a Freddy Kreuger and almost croaked

Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM

12,971 posts, read 23,504,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
200 proof laboratory ethanol.
I think you should be crowned the winner. Nobody is going to be able to top 100% alcohol for highest alcohol content (hardness.)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,228,849 times
101 proof Wild Turkey right out of the bottle (literally). Do it every damn chance I get, too. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-22-2012, 08:42 PM

816 posts, read 1,671,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Hey, Tiger, better slow that action down. The topic is the hardest drink you've had, not how much alcohol you've had and still survived.
Yeah, I've noticed after I posted it. It was too late. I apologize.

Quote:
A blood alcohol calculator shows that drinking that much alcohol in that short a time would give you a Blood Alcohol Content of .231, roughly 3X the level of being legally drunk in Texas. Even if you aren't driving, being that drunk makes you stupid and dangerous to yourself and others. You could die from choking on your own vomit. What's the point? Why would you do that?
Yeah, I agree. I know it was stupid. Had no hangovers for both times at all. No blackouts either. I just had no idea it was going to hit me that bad at the same time. I handle drinks really more and I drink like once a month on average.

Quote:
I'm no Goody Two Shoes... I definitely enjoy adult beverages myself... but extreme binge drinking is really no fun for anybody, and especially not for people who have to deal with people who get that drunk. Drinking is not meant to be an extreme endurance contest.
I don't enjoy drinking excessively where my head goes spinning or getting hangovers the next day. I've only had 3 blackouts in my 3 1/2 years of drinking and yes that still is bad (Started drinking at 21).

Quote:
There are many online BAC calculators to show you how much you can drink and still stay within safe and sane (and legal) limits. Here's one... Blood Alcohol Calculator Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself
I've checked it couple times in the past and it works great. I just have those moments. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages