Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 05:34 PM

4,692 posts, read 3,469,631 times

Advertisements

Franziskaner Weisbier......so yummy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 09:10 PM

263 posts, read 160,921 times

Old 03-20-2019, 12:07 AM

Martin House Acheron flight

Old 03-20-2019, 05:05 AM

24,281 posts, read 13,136,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip :) View Post
Martin House Acheron flight
^ If you ever get up to downtown OKC or Tulsa visit the Prairie Artisan taprooms, but enjoy responsibly, since their beers are hot (12% +).

I have yet to get to Martin House, have sampled at Hops and Props at Meacham Field, will be there next month and maybe I'll get to the brewery.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
^ If you ever get up to downtown OKC or Tulsa visit the Prairie Artisan taprooms, but enjoy responsibly, since their beers are hot (12% +).

I have yet to get to Martin House, have sampled at Hops and Props at Meacham Field, will be there next month and maybe I'll get to the brewery.
I am a big fan of Prairie and their stouts. Just above my photo of the Acheron flight (which is also a 12%+ beer) is a 14% Prairie Dawg stout

I've never been to the Hops and Props event even though it's just a few minutes south of home. Always have something going on. Maybe next year!

If you feel like checking out other breweries in the area, Turning Point Beer in Bedford is excellent as are Celestial Beerworks and Oak Cliff Brewing in Dallas. Manhattan Project, Tupps, and 903 brewing also make great beer. Manhattan Project doesn't have a taproom yet and Tupps and 903 are too far for me lol. Cowtown Brewing recently opened in Fort Worth and although I've driven by a bunch of times, we just haven't stopped in yet.

False Idol Brewing and Brutal Beerworks are hopefully opening soon in the NRH area. False Idol just pushed out their first kegs last week of Side Hustlin', which is a tasty 7.5% NEIPA. Their beers currently being brewed under license at Oak Cliff Brewing.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:13 PM

24,281 posts, read 13,136,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip :) View Post
I am a big fan of Prairie and their stouts. Just above my photo of the Acheron flight (which is also a 12%+ beer) is a 14% Prairie Dawg stout

I've never been to the Hops and Props event even though it's just a few minutes south of home. Always have something going on. Maybe next year!

If you feel like checking out other breweries in the area, Turning Point Beer in Bedford is excellent as are Celestial Beerworks and Oak Cliff Brewing in Dallas. Manhattan Project, Tupps, and 903 brewing also make great beer. Manhattan Project doesn't have a taproom yet and Tupps and 903 are too far for me lol. Cowtown Brewing recently opened in Fort Worth and although I've driven by a bunch of times, we just haven't stopped in yet.

False Idol Brewing and Brutal Beerworks are hopefully opening soon in the NRH area. False Idol just pushed out their first kegs last week of Side Hustlin', which is a tasty 7.5% NEIPA. Their beers currently being brewed under license at Oak Cliff Brewing.
My wife and I travel to the DFW area often, and with HopPlotter and Untapped are able to find new craft breweries when we're down there. The nearest one for us currently is Wichita Falls Brewing; they often add some guest taps from the DFW area.

We like Shannon and Rabbit Hole in the Keller and Justin area, as well as Hop and Sting (formerly Grapevine Brewing). I've never been to Turning Point or Oak Cliff, but back in February we were at 903; they also have a grilled cheese joint there. We were at Tupps in August, it's a bit oppressive inside their open air taproom. (Good Neighbors in Rowlett is also like that.)

903 has a lot of imagination... this one is way better tasting than it might seem:

The area south of the Dallas Market Center has Peticolas, Texas Ale Project (TAP), Community, Pegasus City, and Noble Rey. Just south of downtown, Four Corners has a new brewhouse. All are worth a visit, and it looks like that's where Manhattan Project will be near.

Any place that is a working brewery with the smells of wort, yeast, hops and wood is a must-go.

We've been to nearly all of the places in the Metroplex, looking forward to the ones we've not yet visited.

Last edited by SluggoF16; 03-20-2019 at 05:22 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Low Hanging Fruit (Total Wine Stores) Merlot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeJ5...=RDBeJ55sUacPM

Old 03-25-2019, 03:43 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,830 times
Unbroue's Trois-Pistoles strong brown ale

Old 03-25-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
My wife and I travel to the DFW area often, and with HopPlotter and Untapped are able to find new craft breweries when we're down there. The nearest one for us currently is Wichita Falls Brewing; they often add some guest taps from the DFW area.

We like Shannon and Rabbit Hole in the Keller and Justin area, as well as Hop and Sting (formerly Grapevine Brewing). I've never been to Turning Point or Oak Cliff, but back in February we were at 903; they also have a grilled cheese joint there. We were at Tupps in August, it's a bit oppressive inside their open air taproom. (Good Neighbors in Rowlett is also like that.)

903 has a lot of imagination... this one is way better tasting than it might seem:

The area south of the Dallas Market Center has Peticolas, Texas Ale Project (TAP), Community, Pegasus City, and Noble Rey. Just south of downtown, Four Corners has a new brewhouse. All are worth a visit, and it looks like that's where Manhattan Project will be near.

Any place that is a working brewery with the smells of wort, yeast, hops and wood is a must-go.

We've been to nearly all of the places in the Metroplex, looking forward to the ones we've not yet visited.
I really like the people and beer from 903 but I am limited in what I can have - a large number of their beers contain dairy and/or nuts.

Enjoying this tasty stout from Alesmith now:

Old 03-26-2019, 06:28 PM

False Idol is a new brewery coming to North Richland Hills. Beer currently being contract brewed by Oak Cliff Brewing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages