Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,114 times

Advertisements

Chardonnay-Airfield, unoaked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
It's very good. Very fruity, very nutty, very spicy. It's my favorite scotch from the Speyside region and is one of my two favorite whiskys in general (the other being Laphroaig 10-year Cask Strength). So damn pricey though.

You should check out Buy Whisky Online | Single Malt Whisky & More - Master of Malt. They have tasting sets that include five 3cl (roughly just over an ounce) samples in each set. Some of the sets include single malts aged up to forty years. You can also by single samples too if you'd like. Their prices are pretty reasonable in my opinion.
I'm gonna check that 21 year out come payday. I've always seen it but never bought it, I guess it's time to take the plunge.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:31 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Snake Dog IPA...last one for the evening

Old 08-13-2012, 02:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Usually I wait til after 4pm, but today I am hitting it a little early: I am having a nice glass of red, Shiriz to be exact.

Nita

Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Glenmorangie Nector D'or, fantastic stuff.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Usually I wait til after 4pm, but today I am hitting it a little early: I am having a nice glass of red, Shiriz to be exact.

Nita
How MUCH early, Nita? Haha - my cutoff time is 5 pm, but once in a while I do an earlier "happy hour", too. Yesterday tried a new (cheap) Chard - Concannon. It wasn't bad considering it was dirt-cheap. A little thin and "simple", but that just meant I had to drink an extra glass! Seriously, that is the trouble with some of the cheaper wines I have found - they taste almost "watery." Maybe that makes them not such a great buy after all.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
A shot of Jack mixed w/cherry punch (gross I know, but I had to mix it with something). I've been sipping away at it for the past hour and 15 minutes. Why am I drinking so early (9:15 a.m. where I live)? Because these nasal allergies are killing me! I even took a Benadryl and some Afrin, and I've gone through all these Kleenexes and soaked a cloth hanky. I'm still sniffling and sneezing! At least after imbibing, my headache (above my eyes) is gone, oddly enough - I was afraid the Jack would make it worse. I had 2 asprin, though, so maybe those finally kicked in. I bet the headache will come back with a vengeance once the booze effects have worn off and the hangover sets in. Ugh. Why do I get all these aches and pains in the morning?! Mornings just hurt me so much! Well tonight, I won't get to take my Temazepam. I was intending to drink with dinner tonight anyway, but since I woke at 6, and still felt terrible by 8, I just had to start early. I'm not driving anywhere today or working with any machinery besides this laptop, so no harm no foul. But I gotta say, it's giving me a craving for a steak sub with mayo. I don't have any Steak Ums or sub rolls, but I have some leftover steak from last night's dinner and I could put some mayo on that and put it between bread for lunch...it might be too thick to chew without cutting though.
Does anyone else have problems with pain in the mornings? The light and even my cat meowing were just hurting me before I had my tipple.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
The fall beers are starting to arrive. Last night I tried Pumpkin Ale from Blue Moon and Pumpkin Wheat from Shock Top. Both were quite good, but I'm anxious to get some Shipyard Pumpkin-Head.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:47 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
Anyone here try Svedka brand vodka? I think it tastes terrible, even mixed w/OJ.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
ok, so I admit it: I had 1 vodka martinis today with the wonderful garlic stuffed olives (I didn't have any onions) then I had about 3 glasses wine: thank God hubby cleaned up the kitchen. Actually the wine was his and daughters fault: it was her fault cause she called me just to yap and since I quit smoking many years ago, when I talk on the phone late in the day I have to have a glass of wine: so I blame her: they it is his fault cause he wanted Ice Cream after dinner and I didn't want all those calories, so I setteld for another glass of wine.. Thank God I am not the type to blame others for my weaknesses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages