Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 PM

24,091 posts, read 32,431,870 times

Advertisements

I love beer. On a hot summer night like, say tonight? Beer. So good. I really learned a lot at college and beer drinking has proven to be a real favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 PM

32,914 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Oh, yeah! Ha ha, I really learned how to drink bier when I lived in Germany.

I sat on the porch tonight, symphony from the crickets and cicada's, sipping a cool beer.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Beer is good anytime of the year. A nice pilsner or hefeweizen in the hot summer months, a brown ale or fresh hop ale to usher in the autumn, a spicy Christmas ale for the holidays, an imperial stout or barleywine to keep you warm in the dead of winter, and a tart white ale/Belgian wheat to welcome spring. Or a hoppy IPA, which is great anytime.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,952,218 times
I hated beer until I went to Hungary earlier this year and got stuck into the European stuff. Also helps that alot of beers cost less than $1 for a 500ml can Going there with Australian dollars I was living like a bloody king

Heineken and Steffl are nice, but unfortunately you can't get Steffl in Australia.

Also trying out some Stout. At first I was not enthused but the coffee-like flavour is beginning to grow on me. It depends on the brand I guess.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:45 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Beer is great year-round, but at it's best in summer, IMO.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 AM

308 posts, read 896,561 times
if beer didn't cause the exponential growth of manboobs and beer gut, it would be the liquid of the gods indeed .

I'd stick with scotch.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
When I was but a wee lad, my Dad would send me to the fridge to get him a can of PBR. Id always open it up and take a couple drinks before handing it to him. He'd always tell me to not do it, but would I listen? Noooo. Anyway, fast forward about 15 years or so and I found myself liking beer but not loving it or thinking of it as a "deliciously refreshing drink". First and only time I ever thought of beer as that was when I was in Army Basic and we got a 2 week leave for Christmas. I stopped in at a restaurant and had a mug of Budweiser (draft). It was the most delicious thing Id ever had in my life. Of course, it couldve just been that I really needed a drink. I dont know, but since then I have not be able to recreate that moment of bliss or euphoria or whatever you wanna call it not even during sex. Alas, it doesnt really matter now as I have a bad case of acid reflux and cant take a sip of beer without it giving me hours of pain and discomfort. That and after years of not drinking, a half bottle of beer gets me buzzing. So I just dont drink anymore.
Tom T Hall - I Like Beer. - YouTube

Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 AM

16,658 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I love beer. On a hot summer night like, say tonight? Beer. .....
I too like beer. All year long. I like best the beer I brew myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
..... I sat on the porch tonight, symphony from the crickets and cicada's, sipping a cool beer.
I didn't sit on the porch (too hot), but I did sip a cool one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Beer is good anytime of the year. A nice pilsner or hefeweizen in the hot summer months, a brown ale or fresh hop ale to usher in the autumn, a spicy Christmas ale for the holidays, an imperial stout or barleywine to keep you warm in the dead of winter, and a tart white ale/Belgian wheat to welcome spring. Or a hoppy IPA, which is great anytime.
My friend made some hefeweizen that was so good he had people offer to pay him to make more. I tried some Christmas ale, but did not like spices. Don't like stouts or IPA, but Belgian wheat is one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Beer is great year-round, but at it's best in summer, IMO.
Beer is indeed great year round. Octoberfest is one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
When I was but a wee lad, my Dad would send me to the fridge to get him a can of PBR. ..... I stopped in at a restaurant and had a mug of Budweiser (draft). .....

Tom T Hall - I Like Beer. - YouTube
I don't care for PBR or Budweiser. I often choose beers from Sam Adams, Saranac, Blue Moon, Sea Dog, Shipyard, and Shock Top.

The Tom T. Hall song brings back old memories.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:33 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times
I'm going to need a couple after my long day out in the jungle.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM

16,903 posts, read 16,114,481 times
Ahhhhhh, beer.......I'm soaking in it............LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages