U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how often
every day! 21 30.43%
3-5 times a week 16 23.19%
1-2 times a week 14 20.29%
couple times a month or for special occasions 13 18.84%
i don't drink(explain why you are even here) 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM

777 posts, read 838,712 times

Advertisements

4th night in a row of getting wasted.... yeah I don't think much of myself. Time to take a break I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 03:40 AM

22,369 posts, read 27,518,803 times
I don't drink. And, no, I'm not going to explain why I am here.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM

4,922 posts, read 7,851,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I have a glass of wine with dinner every night. And usually one while making dinner. And sometimes one after dinner.
This is me. For awhile I worried that this is too much wine too frequently. Then I decided that stress will kill me faster.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 PM

1,948 posts, read 4,396,808 times
3-5 days a week for me. Usually 1 day during the week then Friday and Saturday. Typically beer when I am out and whiskey at home. One of the great joys in life.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:37 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,653,138 times
Beer or wine with dinner and sometimes a cocktail before.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM

1,493 posts, read 2,676,590 times
The question is....what is your definition of "drink".

A glass of wine or a beer with a meal imo isn't "drinking". 3+ is considered drinking. I think this varies for everyone.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:11 PM

23,440 posts, read 31,657,270 times
I drink as often as I can.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,595,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
You asked the question "How often do you drink" and the poster gave an answer. You didn't like the answer and were rude to the poster. Why be a jerk?
i wasn't being rude. the poster basically doesn't drink. that's what i was getting at. at some points, i wish i didn't drink either. that's why i said "kudos". so before you get your period and get snotty about it, that's why i said what i said. there was nothing personal against the other poster, contrary to what you believe. what's the deal with all of your emotionally charged posts anyway? you off your meds or something?

Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,595,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I drink daily, not to get drunk, but just to relax. I actually get motivated when I pop open some drinks. I start doing housechores or schoolwork many times, and it's actually enjoyable. How much I drink depends entirely on what I'm drinking usually. It can also depend on how much is in my wallet for the next days drinks as well!

If someone told me to sum it up in a one liner, I would say I'm a Six Pack Joe. But that's not always the case. I generally enjoy good ales when I can afford them, and if that's the case I'll only have two or three because they are heavier and I get full much faster. If I'm poor and drinking pisswater, I can jam through a six pack no problem and still want more. I don't normally drink hard liquor or mixed drinks except on special occasions.

My wife doesn't like the taste of most alcohol (other than an occasional wine cooler), so I always have a designated driver if I want to have fun away from the house! My attitude is this: There's nothing wrong with drinking if it doesn't affect your work, family, or quality of life in a negative way, and you do it responsibly. As far as health issues go, we're all gonna die some day, and life is here and now to enjoy!
good philosophy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxyman View Post
4th night in a row of getting wasted.... yeah I don't think much of myself. Time to take a break I think!
it happens. called a bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't drink. And, no, I'm not going to explain why I am here.
nice troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
The question is....what is your definition of "drink".

A glass of wine or a beer with a meal imo isn't "drinking". 3+ is considered drinking. I think this varies for everyone.
anything with alcohol in it? and what else would you call it?

i wish people wouldn't read between the lines so much. some of you would make perfect politicians.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:15 PM

3,552 posts, read 2,377,292 times
I used to just drink on weekends, now, because I want to relax after a hard day - a glass of wine or a glass of Long Island Ice Tea when I get home while I'm preparing dinner, sometimes a glass with dinner and then another one before I go to bed. I may skip a couple of days during the week but on the weekends - its 2-3 drinks on Friday night, on Saturday it could be Saturday afternoon, evening and night and the same on Sunday. Then nothing during the work week. It depends on how much socializing I'm doing on the weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages