U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-07-2014, 05:32 PM
 
Location: Waterworld
1,030 posts, read 1,217,837 times
Reputation: 947

Advertisements

I like Fireball when I am out trying to have a good time and 1835 when sitting around with some friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 PM
 
5,243 posts, read 2,664,171 times
Reputation: 3475
Now, you may never have heard of Laphroaig 10(pronounced lafroyg) scotch but it's one of my favorites (a smokey, medicinal punch). It is, however, probably one of the most polarizing scotches out there. Some people love it, probably more hate it. Either way though, it elicits a powerful response from the drinker.

Anyways, I guess the boys at the distillery have decided to promote this in a new online ad of people trying it for the first time. It's fun to see the range of impressions from horror to love. I guess I enjoy the taste of a "burning hospital."

Laphroaig Scotch Doesn't Mind If You Think It 'Tastes Like a Burning Hospital' | Adweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM
 
569 posts, read 539,287 times
Reputation: 885
A shot of good quality Corn Whisky with a couple drops of Absinthe mixed in....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Candy Kingdom
3,228 posts, read 2,839,966 times
Reputation: 5187
Jack Daniels for me, especially honey Jack! I do like Fireball, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2014, 06:12 PM
MJ7
 
6,221 posts, read 8,601,815 times
Reputation: 6514
Fireball is okay, it's cheap though and good for women . When I want whiskey I go for several: Jameson, Green Label, Black Label or J&B Scotch. If they have neither of those I will get some high shelf. I'm not a fan of cheap whiskey. I order it straight (no ice) or 2 rocks depending on weather.

Last edited by MJ7; 10-11-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 08:35 PM
 
5,413 posts, read 5,111,718 times
Reputation: 9351
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Fireball is okay, it's cheap though and good for women . When I want whiskey I go for several: Jameson, Green Label, Black Label or J&B Scotch. If they have neither of those I will get some high shelf. I'm not a fan of cheap whiskey. I order it straight (no ice) or 2 rocks depending on weather.
Sexist much? Why would a woman like a cheap chemical cinnamon whiskey because of her gender?

Anywat....I normally see young males drinking it as shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 PM
 
9,014 posts, read 8,279,130 times
Reputation: 14429
I tried Maker's Mark recently...
I typically drink whiskey straight on the rocks....
But that stuff is stronger than any other whiskey I've had....
I usually go w/ Jack Daniels, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2014, 09:16 PM
MJ7
 
6,221 posts, read 8,601,815 times
Reputation: 6514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Sexist much? Why would a woman like a cheap chemical cinnamon whiskey because of her gender?

Anywat....I normally see young males drinking it as shots.
I will agree that it was a bad way to say what I wanted to say and it does sound a bit sexist in that light. What I meant was, it isn't as strong as regular whiskey, as most women (not all) prefer to drink the flavored stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2014, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Castlederp
9,268 posts, read 5,742,395 times
Reputation: 2910
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I tried Maker's Mark recently...
I typically drink whiskey straight on the rocks....
But that stuff is stronger than any other whiskey I've had....
I usually go w/ Jack Daniels, lol
JD is the one

I only like whisky straight for some reason lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2014, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Currently living in Reddit
5,655 posts, read 5,680,855 times
Reputation: 7280
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Now, you may never have heard of Laphroaig 10(pronounced lafroyg) scotch but it's one of my favorites (a smokey, medicinal punch). It is, however, probably one of the most polarizing scotches out there. Some people love it, probably more hate it. Either way though, it elicits a powerful response from the drinker.

Anyways, I guess the boys at the distillery have decided to promote this in a new online ad of people trying it for the first time. It's fun to see the range of impressions from horror to love. I guess I enjoy the taste of a "burning hospital."

Laphroaig Scotch Doesn't Mind If You Think It 'Tastes Like a Burning Hospital' | Adweek

That's a great campaign. I wish light beer producers would mimic it ("Tastes like... um, not much of anything? But at least it's more socially acceptable at a cookout than Perrier!")

I am not a fan of Laphroaig. But I do love Lagavulin, which is just a jog away on Islay. Both are very smoky, but the Laphroaig is more medicinal and to me, has a nasty taste like burnt microwave popcorn that you left in too long. I've wondered whether the Laphroaig 10-year would improve if they let it sit as long as the Lagavulin 16.

Well upthread somebody mentioned Lagavulin is $65-$70 in NYC. I live in PA, where it's $82, but last Christmas while visiting relatives in Long Island, I found a bottle for $54. But I'm not saying where as I'm going back there this Christmas and want to ensure there's at least one bottle left to purchase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top