U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 10:21 AM

35,127 posts, read 19,217,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Happy Saint Patrick's day! I suggest some Jameson, Bushmills or a big notch above, Red Breast 12 year old pot still. Some lovely Irish whiskies.

Black Bush is a very nice whiskey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 05:06 PM

37,001 posts, read 45,476,182 times
We have been on the bourbon tour, to Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Jack Daniels...there are others. We also had a whiskey/bourbon tasting once. Hubby likes JD and I like Makers Mark. For every day, we drink Kentucky Gentleman, and its fine in Manhattans.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:30 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,144,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We have been on the bourbon tour, to Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, and Jack Daniels...there are others. We also had a whiskey/bourbon tasting once. Hubby likes JD and I like Makers Mark. For every day, we drink Kentucky Gentleman, and its fine in Manhattans.
Do you mean the "Bourbon Trail?" Jack Daniels is not a part of that. Different state.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:37 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,144,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
It's a nice tour. Too bad you can't sample any since it's a dry county. What irony that one of the most iconic whiskies can't be sample at the distillery that makes boat loads of the stuff. At least the chocolate at the end of the tour is good.
That's why I will never go there.

What nonsense.

I've been to all of the Kentucky distilleries, and will continue to go back.

No biggie. I'm getting Kentucky Bourbon that blows the Jack Daniels products out of the water.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:20 AM

37,001 posts, read 45,476,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Do you mean the "Bourbon Trail?" Jack Daniels is not a part of that. Different state.
Yes, but we went there too.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:32 PM

5,265 posts, read 2,674,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
That's why I will never go there.

What nonsense.

I've been to all of the Kentucky distilleries, and will continue to go back.

No biggie. I'm getting Kentucky Bourbon that blows the Jack Daniels products out of the water.
It's a bit disappointing. Still, it's a nice tour. Although, unless you're a big Jack fan I think the tours in Kentucky are a better bet. Especially since you can sample them. Not to mention that Jack Daniel's distillery is pretty out of the way. On the flip side, Bardstown Kentucky is a beautiful little town even if you weren't visiting any of the surrounding distilleries.

Did you get your free bourbon trail tshirt?

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 04-01-2017 at 12:45 PM..

Old 04-01-2017, 12:41 PM

5,265 posts, read 2,674,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I enjoyed Makers Mark. If I were to imagine the most idyllic distillery it would probably be Makers. I guess the distillery it's made in is the oldest in the USA (even though Makers Mark is fairly new).

I remember sampling the wort directly from the wash tubs which the tour guide suggested we do. I guess you don't have to worry much about contamination at that stage of fermentation. It tasted like yeasty malt... not particularly nice but still interesting.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:17 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,722,594 times
My parents gave a bottle of Jamison Irish whiskey to hubby for his birthday! So good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages