U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
 
Location: Sunny SoCal
67 posts, read 116,415 times
Reputation: 113

Advertisements

I don't have too much money to burn on alcohol so I usually just drink the ones in the $20 range. My current favorite is Maker's Mark. Trader Joe's sells its own brand of whiskey for about 10 dollars. It is pretty good for what it sells for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM
 
Location: TX
605 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Reputation: 269
My normal go to whiskey is Jack Daniels, Gentlemen Jack, Seagrams 7, and my city now brews there own in Fort Worth called TX Whiskey which is really good too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM
 
Location: New York City
4,036 posts, read 8,946,684 times
Reputation: 3708
My absolute favorite is Lagavulin 16, but it’s so expensive and I only have it on special occasions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
 
Location: NC
7,035 posts, read 4,976,596 times
Reputation: 7805
I recently discovered Eagle Rare, I've tasted it against several others including Makers Mark (normal and "46") and several others. To date, it is my favorite Whisky, and priced pretty reasonably too. I'm not a big whisky drinker, but Jack is the starbucks of whisky. Great marketing, but by no means synonymous with quality.

Do yourself a favor and try the Eagle Rare (strait up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
 
5,305 posts, read 2,700,950 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
My absolute favorite is Lagavulin 16, but itís so expensive and I only have it on special occasions.
Yah Lagavulin 16 is great stuff. Ardbeg Uigedal is similar and also great, give that a try. Plus, it's at about 56% abv so it will last a bit longer...maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
 
5,305 posts, read 2,700,950 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I recently discovered Eagle Rare, I've tasted it against several others including Makers Mark (normal and "46") and several others. To date, it is my favorite Whisky, and priced pretty reasonably too. I'm not a big whisky drinker, but Jack is the starbucks of whisky. Great marketing, but by no means synonymous with quality.

Do yourself a favor and try the Eagle Rare (strait up).
I bought a bottle of Eagle Rare a few months back and it is pretty good. It's very smooth, almost too smooth. The Eagle Rare 17 is excellent too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM
 
1,072 posts, read 1,152,035 times
Reputation: 2151
At this moment, I have Jack Daniels (black label), Wild Turkey 101, Wild Turkey Single Barrel 108 and Woodford Reserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Detroit, MI
340 posts, read 792,813 times
Reputation: 343
I'm much more of a bourbon man, but for arguement's sake I'll consider it whiskey.

My favorites are Knob Creek, Elijah Craig, and Jim Beam Red Stag.


For anyone who buys whiskey by name at bars, at the end of the night try a shot called a "pancake breakfast".

1 part Jameson
3 parts butterscotch schnapps

and a shot of orange juice. (two different shot glasses)

It's a really nice wake-me-up-put-me-down drink at the end of the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 PM
 
1,637 posts, read 3,606,257 times
Reputation: 1022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerMatt View Post
I'm much more of a bourbon man, but for arguement's sake I'll consider it whiskey.

My favorites are Knob Creek, Elijah Craig, and Jim Beam Red Stag.


For anyone who buys whiskey by name at bars, at the end of the night try a shot called a "pancake breakfast".

1 part Jameson
3 parts butterscotch schnapps

and a shot of orange juice. (two different shot glasses)

It's a really nice wake-me-up-put-me-down drink at the end of the night.
That sounds good but I'll have to have some breakfast sausage nearby. I can't do pancakes without sausage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 AM
 
3,552 posts, read 7,706,566 times
Reputation: 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
That sounds good but I'll have to have some breakfast sausage nearby. I can't do pancakes without sausage.
What about eggs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top