U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 AM

28,192 posts, read 47,516,886 times

Advertisements

Imagine finding David Chang's world-class cooking in a food truck parked at your campsite or tailgate party, and you’ll see the allure of craft beer in cans: truly excellent gastronomical goodness anywhere you want it.

Now imagine only being able to eat Chang’s steamed Cantonese pork buns with a clothespin on your nose, and you’ll understand the shortcoming of craft beers in cans – the small opening on the lid robs your senses of the beer’s aroma, a major component of its flavor.

The next big thing? New beer can goes topless - Bites
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 PM

1,033 posts, read 3,400,504 times
Its a pretty cool idea but I just dont really care for it.

First off, its a can. I always noticed a difference in taste when I drink a beer from a can and a beer from a bottle. For that reason I avoid cans....unless its a regular domestic beer.

and second, might as well pour it in a glass, because if it spills its going everywhere. Atleast with a bottle or traditional can theres some sort of regulation of flow.

One good thing is though, you can drink it and you wont get the "air surge" that bottles and normal cans get.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:47 PM

12,971 posts, read 23,542,360 times
One of the reasons that craft beer brewers are rushing to get their beers into cans is that they have been proven in extensive blind taste tests to preserve fresh taste longer than bottles do. And they pack more compactly, chill faster, are unbreakable, etc.

The one think you don't want to do with a quality beer, if you can avoid it, is to drink it from the package. Pour it into a glass for best experience.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 AM

2,992 posts, read 4,405,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Pour it into a glass for best experience.
That's what i was thinking, I'll just bring a glass with me. I am annoying at parties, because I always ask for a glass for my beer. I rarely drink beer (any beer) out of bottles or cans anymore, unless I am desperate.

Option 1: glass
Option 2: cup
Option 3: package
Option 4: Don't drink

Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM

340 posts, read 789,572 times
I can't wait to slice my finger open and open a law suit because of poor labeling.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM

5,243 posts, read 2,665,361 times
Cool. I like the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages